How Does Firewall Work?

I have just joined One big IT company and my project revovles around servers. for accessing our server we have to enter passcode every time. beacuse firewall do not allow any user without security code. i want to know how firewall works ???

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Re: how does firewall works??

Have a look at this site

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Firewalls are designed to secure individual computers or networks from external unauthorized access. I'm assuming that your servers/network is at a remote location; the client must have configured a hardware or software firewall to protect it. Those with a password will be granted limited access.

That essentially means the firewalls will have to continuously monitor the incoming and outgoing traffic through them. As mentioned in the HSW article, there are various techniques used by firewalls to monitor the traffic. It includes Packet Filtering, Proxy or Per-State verification. The network administrator can turn on/off various services and security levels for entire network or selected nodes in the network.

There's an old thread on CE that might help you understand the concept of Firewall better. Look here: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    consider i wrote down all the passcode this device can generate.
    designed one javascript which will generate only those numbers. then i can breach firewall from anywhere??
    is it possible???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kunaljd
    consider i wrote down all the passcode this device can generate.
    designed one javascript which will generate only those numbers. then i can breach firewall from anywhere??
    is it possible???
    I'm not sure Javascript would be an ideal solution. Also breaking a firewall isn't very easy. If the firewall admin hasn't implemented strong security rules, the servers and networks can be compromised. I'm not sure whether the network and the firewall is exposed to the Internet, if not, you'll have to break into the network that has access to the firewall.

As far as I know, brute force is not allowed. Modern firewalls are also capable of handling DDOS attacks. 😀 . However I strongly recommend that you shouldn't do it, unless you have permission from the network admins.
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    No. actually we have access to main website and passcodes are ramdomly generated numbers in device.
    and if i get access to server,i can modify it with simple javascript. which is so simple that noone can find it.
  • jerichos
    jerichos
    this is something i wanna learn, IT engineering
  • 4M4N
    4M4N
    Firewall protection works by blocking certain types of traffic between a source and a destination.
    For more info please refer: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    is hacking software doesnt works in firewall???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    narayana murthy
    is hacking software doesnt works in firewall???
    What exactly is a hacking software?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    i mean the software which uses to hack websites
  • kunaljd
    kunaljd
    There are no hacking softwares.
    Actually a hacker plants a virus or malware on the website which crashes the website.
    There are various methods to do that.

@the_big_k: If a dropdown in html contains all the passcode and i write shell script to put any option of this dropdown particula textarea of website when it appears on browser. Will it work ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just figured out how to format a pen drive on a Mac. I hope this will be of help to all the newbies with Mac. 😀 1. Plug the...
Good Computer Software deals with Complete Software Services & advanced technologies. Here you find advance software development solutions & technologies.Join Software Solution Companies- Advance Software Development Technologies for latest software...
Dear friends, I am doing CSE from Techno India, salt lake, kolkata and presently I am in 3rd yr. I scored 58% in 10th and 68% in 12th and my...
Please tell me the difference between Relational Algebra and SQL ?
What is the next letter in this sequence? S S E N T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T T...