How does a usb work?

hi.. i just want to now the working of usb ..

Replies

• Shashank007
    Shashank007
    Re: how does a usb works?

Hi..
    USB flash memory uses "solid state" technology to store data. While most built-in computer hard drives are magnetized and subject to data loss when exposed to magnetic fields, solid state storage units write data electronically to the media. Each drive is sectioned off into tiny, electrically charged "blocks." When you make changes to the files on the drive, the data is electrically stored in these blocks and remains even if the USB drive does not have power. It's easiest to think of flash memory like a chalk board. The data you place on it will remain, indefinitely, until you erase it. Like erasing and changing a single word on a chalk board, deleting or altering one file will not affect the rest of the drive..😀
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Re: how does a usb works?

..Few points give you better idea of usb
    1:-It provides serial data transfer...ie 1 bit at a time...hence quite fast...
    2:-It provides min transfer rate of 1.5 Mbps
    3:-It uses NRZ-I encoding technique to transfer data..hence no requirement of proper synchronisation...
    4:-It is hot pluggable and swappable..ie it allows removal of usb peripheral devices while it is powered
    For further knowledge
    refer this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, D.K. Srivastava, global HR head for HCL Tech mentions that HCL is planning to hire 2000+ software engineers over next 2-3 months. I believe this is a great news...
CEans, If you have problems posting a new thread in any of the sections on CE, please inform me immediately at admin @ crazyengineers dot com.
I want to create a rmi application in java I m using net beans for that can any one tell me how to create stub using netbeans???
Hello Everybody I'm holding B.Sc in Electrical Engineering since 2000 , and I've 9 years experience as a Telecom Engineer , 7 of them were in O&M and the last...
CrazyBoy is back with the mind boggling quizs. This time we would be playing this quiz with a wider specturm. In this thread I will not be asking questions related...