How does a laptop's touchpad work?

I had been using my laptop for the past four years and its good to have a touchpad other than a mouse as it offers more ease on working and moving files all over the desktop but my question is how does a touch pad works and it remains a mystery to me because as far as I know there are two methods tp give input such as capacitive and a resistive method as we use in mobile phones.Both of them has different principle and what amuses is that touchpad workng.It can be accessed through capacitive touch but even I can move the cursor with many objects.So please explain briefly.
Is there any stylus available so that i can use it as input in paint application and sketchbook pro?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Did you search internet before posting this question here?

There are many websites which give clear information on how stuff works?

Please avoid making threads which doesnt add value to the forum. I have seen couple of threads which are started and are answered by others , but you never respond to those threads again.

DONOT REPEAT THIS KIND OF STUFF AGAIN.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This thread is being closed. We have repeatedly asked our CEoM participants *NOT* to create discussion threads for the sake of gathering points.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Scientists from VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland have come up with an innovative solution to make transferring files between various gadgets easier. Making use of a ring, nail or...
Next month, on November 26th; CrazyEngineers will celebrate its 8th anniversary. We've been celebrating the CE day as 'CrazyEngineers Day' 😀. In the past, we had organized, quiz competitions; online...
This unidentifiable flying object was seen over Truro, England. It does not seem to be tethered. Unlikely to be a kite. Flapping wigs, narrow wing width though having apparently adequate...
Two companies - Valencell and iRiver Ltd. have come together to bring a unique Bluetooth Audio Headset that captures the wearer's hear rate while he or she is listening to...
The Institute Of Railway Research (IRR) has undertaken a new ambitious project, called Capacity4Rail with two aims: 1. To make laying of railway lines quicker & easier 2. To make...