How do you design reinforced columns? i need your recommendations.

assuming that the column in question is subjected to varieties of load combinations.
1. What design loads do you apply? is it, the worst possible(largest Pu, Mux, Muy)?
2. Largest Mux?
3. Largest Muy?
4. Largest Pu?
5. Biggest defletion?
6. Biggest Shear(whenever there is earthquake load?)

please i need your help thx

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    assuming that the column in question is subjected to varieties of load combinations.
    1. What design loads do you apply? is it, the worst possible(largest Pu, Mux, Muy)?
    2. Largest Mux?
    3. Largest Muy?
    4. Largest Pu?
    5. Biggest defletion?
    6. Biggest Shear(whenever there is earthquake load?)

please i need your help thx
    on our 8th sem we design beams and columns.. as far as i can remember we design columns by using the largest Mu and Pu given by the staad. we applied 19 load cases on our building.
  • rekcah
    rekcah
    largest Pu, Mux, Muy. you can check this one on maximum forces by section property if you are using staad pro v8i. but i think it is not economical if you design the column as per large all values especially a small buildings.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am working on an idea & I need to know that, Can a tubelight work in DC ? If yes, then how much Volt is required to illuminate it...
'Till now I was using Opera Mini. I own SGY 5360-GT,so unfortunately flash is not supported. Hence I was unable to upload any files here in CE or view website...
So, many of us tend to change our mind about things - Sometimes due to new experiences, sometimes due to unexpected reading and so on. Some people don't even have...
Looks like the Indian Banks are going digital and now allow aadhaar card as a valid identity proof for the bank's Know Your Customer Program. We've written about Indian Government's...
I've been wondering why passports are still the old school paper books with Jurassic stamps on them? Why haven't the passports gone digital yet? Are there any serious issues with...