How do startup owners stay motivated?

I for one, feel that startup owners face severe hardships since they choose a road less travelled and it's often very difficult 'to be on our own' almost 24*7. Hundreds of things can be demotivating. 😐

People will tell you that it's not your thing or 'your work is never going to work!'.

Lets share some tips, suggestions and experiences on

How should startup owners keep themselves motivated?

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    I set small Goals and try getting them.

In my forum, first I targeted 50 UV daily, I met that. Then I read read and find out the ways how can I get 100 UV daily!
    Once I got there, I looked at my adsense income which is needless to say was pathetic. So the immidiate next target was to take it to 5$ a day, which I got.

Now I look at my site from alexa and PR toolbar and duh, India rank 90,000? and world rank 12,00,000?
    I keep remainding myself that the site is a worst site because traffic rank is not bellow 1 lack.

So I am trying all possible ways to break that barrier.

Once I do that, I will target at getting 100 registration daily. If I reach there, I will target 1000 UV daily. That is how I keep myself motivated. I set small targets and get it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I remember during CE's early days - my only motivation was to find a visitor who'd post something amazing on the site 😀 . Didn't really care about having adsense or any advertisement on the site.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    If you know what is your ultimate aim behind the entrepreneurship, it keeps you motivated always, because i believe most of the people choose to be a start up owner because they feel it interesting (my case) but when they face the reality , things are completely different
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    goyal420
    If you know what is your ultimate aim behind the entrepreneurship, it keeps you motivated always, because i believe most of the people choose to be a start up owner because they feel it interesting (my case) but when they face the reality , things are completely different
    Goyal, you are one of the best persons to write about it. You have recently started a website. Are there any different challenges than what other business people face?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Well I am not the right person to write about this , Mayur can explain you things more clearly, but whatever i have learned from my past 4 months experience, i can only say that before thinking of something like this, you must set your vision about what you actually want to achieve because you will find lot of people with lot of advice during your career as a start up owner , at that time if you are not clear about your goals then it may create problems for you, your mind will be always remain in dilemma. (This had happened with me)

Now in our case , this link can provide you more idea of challenges that we face

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here is one good article from Young Entrepreneur about staying motivated:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Please keep your suggestions coming. This thread will be useful for many many aspiring entrepreneurs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you want to enjoy forumla 1 race status updates from the Buddh Racing track; here's how to do it - Keyword: @f1: Live status of the race Keyword: @f1.previous...
I wonder whether most of the engineers are after regular 10-5 jobs. Looks like no one is curious about entrepreneurship or willing to learn more about it. Do we not...
Yahoo is soon going to be a google company. At least there are rumors. Well a little apart from all these business activities, here are some things about Steve Jobs...
Every new website/company/NGO out there is increasing their social media presence. One extensively used platform is Facebook. Facebook Pages are the easiest way to update thousands of Fans with latest...
Mr. John McCarthy, best known for his extensive work in the artificial intelligence field passed away this sunday. This comes as another shock after the 'technology arena' is losing its...