How do short circuit take place in hotels or in some work areas?

I here many accidents because of short circuit , how do this happen wht might be the primary reason for this?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    A short circuit is allowing current flow along an unintened path. These are usually occuring between phases or if a new path is allowed by a breakdown of the insulation or the inclusion of a new conductor material. Circuit /electrical damage, overheating & fire can result. Fuses, breakers, GFIs & OP contactors/relays can all help prevent damage to the system as a whole from a short circuit. Proper O & M can also help reduce the occurance of a short circuit and in my experience is the major preventable cause.
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    generally it is seen man made errors..sometimes fuses & other electrical circuitry damage may lead to office/industrial circuit damage ,which may lead to property losses..so be safe stay safe
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well the previous posts are self-explanatory and gives you a detailed reasons,most of the time short circuit occur due to over-loading,improper maintenance and use of low-performance components...even earthing faults are also cause short-circuits!!!
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    A short circuit is an abnormal low-resistance connection between two nodes of an electrical circuits that are meant to be at different voltages.
    so maybe as above person said overloading at work places and use of low performance components ...and improper maintance may lead to short circuiting
  • engg4world
    engg4world
    Thank you all for your clear and splendid response.:smile:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI GUYS 😉 I am a student of mechanical and want to know regarding the design of cooling towers as i have to use it in my final year project....
Hello Everybody!!I am a fresher and i live in pondicherry. I have got 2 job offers and I am really confused about which one to pick.I am good at French...
Official Website Link: IIT Bombay [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay will celebrate its 50[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]th[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Foundation Day on Thursday, March 12, 2009. The Chief Guest for the...
I have a blog (Mayur’s blog). Though its not one of the most popular blogs, I do have some content which is good. In any case, it is my proprietary...
Hi, I'm SlackerLX. I'm a doctoral researcher in Software Engineering. I'm addicted to my wife and SuSE :sshhh: Blog Profile: https://www.blogger.com/profile/06892403803884373473