How do I view the video feed of a wireless surveillance camera on my laptop?

i'm working on a rf controlled surveillance robot. my only problem is the wireless camera module has a receiver with rca output. but i need 2 see the live video on my laptop screen. i'v even tried using a rca to usb converter cable but it doesn't seem to work. do i need any particular software 2 use it? Could someone please help me out with this!
Thank you.

Replies

• Techie Earthling
    Techie Earthling
    Its very simple @#-Link-Snipped-# use TV tuner for Your Laptop and connect the RCA output To its RCA input port ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    can you plz tell me which camera you are using ?
  • viv229d
    viv229d
    Techie Earthling
    Its very simple @#-Link-Snipped-# use TV tuner for Your Laptop and connect the RCA output To its RCA input port ๐Ÿ˜‰
    thanx i'll try dat ๐Ÿ˜€
  • viv229d
    viv229d
    dossdss
    hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    can you plz tell me which camera you are using ?
    i'm not really sure of its name or model coz its not mentioned on d box......
    i'll post an image of it.
  • viv229d
    viv229d
    viv229d
  • Techie Earthling
    Techie Earthling
    i used this before with my laptop , You only need a usb or VGA tv tuner then just switch the tv tune in A/V mode. it will work flawlessly, also you can will be able to see the video in matlab, or any webcam software.
  • viv229d
    viv229d
    Techie Earthling
    i used this before with my laptop , You only need a usb or VGA tv tuner then just switch the tv tune in A/V mode. it will work flawlessly, also you can will be able to see the video in matlab, or any webcam software.
    thanx a lot ๐Ÿ˜€ vil get back as soon as i'v got a tv tuner n tested it......
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    thanks #-Link-Snipped-#.

hello ,@Techie Earthling

could you please tell me the name/model no of the above camera by #-Link-Snipped-# ?
    or its cost at least... and where i can find that or similar kind of camera ?
    and what is the range of that camera ?

thank you.
  • Techie Earthling
    Techie Earthling
    dossdss
    thanks #-Link-Snipped-#.

hello ,@Techie Earthling

could you please tell me the name/model no of the above camera by #-Link-Snipped-# ?
    or its cost at least... and where i can find that or similar kind of camera ?
    and what is the range of that camera ?

thank you.
    This is the wireless camera setup i bought from ROBOKITS.
    [โ€‹IMG]

Wireless Surveillance Camera with Receiver

Wireless Small size camera for Surveillance and robotics. The very small size and low power operation makes it useful for mounting on wireless robots to transmit the video to receiver. The received signal can then be directly seen in to tv or in pc through TV Tuner or Video Capture Card. For Laptops USB TV Tuners can be used.

Features
    • Small Size
    • Low Power consumption
    • Inbuilt Microphone, also transmits audio along with video
    • RF Receiver included in package.
    • Range upto 25 feet in open space.
    • Auto Gain and white balance control
    • Camera working voltage from 5V to 12V
    • All cables and connectors required are included
    • Video can be taken to PC through Video capture/TV tuner for image processing.
  • Techie Earthling
    Techie Earthling
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

see the above post as it's already mentioned that The received signal can then be directly seen in to tv or in pc through TV Tuner or Video Capture Card. For Laptops USB TV Tuners can be used.

so Things are clear now !

Hope I helped in some manner

Regards,
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • dipesh patidar
    dipesh patidar
    bro can you tell me any media player on which i can see the camera output using tv tunner

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i wanna make all spectrum cell phone jammer can any one help me?????๐Ÿ˜€
could anyone post links/technical details on working and new improvements?
hii friends i want to make the magnetik carom. which will operate only on the different types of magnets? plese give me sugession on this topic.
Or vice versa? Sometimes? Or it's just never possible? How?
Hey friends. I am a last year Computer Engineering student and I am thinking of pursuing higher studies further. But have little knowledge about GRE. I went through few websites...