How do "Big Data" technologies store unstructured data?

I have been reading about Big Data technologies off late and gathered that Big data is the need of the hour because of the growing size of data and RDBMS's restriction to store only structured data and not the unstructured data coming from Facebook, RFID readers etc.

Can anybody please throw some light as to how this unstructured data is stored? We know structured data is stored in the form of tables. What about this unstructured data?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Parameterised data storing can be easily done this process can club related data associated to a few keywords and thus they get pushed into tables for easier access

Well Keywords in the sight of the compiler is always not the case with the human

So this method is one way I can imagine But not sure about it's working
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Does it mean we are still going to store parameters (as you said) in tables for unstructured data??
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Nick_Sharma
    Does it mean we are still going to store parameters (as you said) in tables for unstructured data??
    I am not so well versed in these topics Hope #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# can clarify here
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am also new to this terminology.
    What I learned is processing Big Data is like mining Gold, you know that somewhere is 100gm of gold in tons of garbage.
    So you need to bring garbage in your backyard and assign a robot to start separating similar material in separate compartment.

Storing Big data is also like same fashion, store as binary/blob and process it by automated and self learning system like Hadoop (open source and buzz word for data processing now a days).
    Correct me if I am going in wrong direction☕

Here I found, could be good read: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    ianoop
    I am also new to this terminology.
    What I learned is processing Big Data is like mining Gold, you know that somewhere is 100gm of gold in tons of garbage.
    So you need to bring garbage in your backyard and assign a robot to start separating similar material in separate compartment.

Storing Big data is also like same fashion, store as binary/blob and process it by automated and self learning system like Hadoop (open source and buzz word for data processing now a days).
    Correct me if I am going in wrong direction☕

Here I found, could be good read: #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks a lot. That awesome example did help me clear some confusions 👍

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am undergoing 6 month industrial training in java..and i feel somewhere my oops concepts are still weak..should i do a c++ course along with it?? i think i'll mix...
The USB 3.0 promoter group has announced the availability of USB 3.1 specifications. What's the most important point to notice is that the new standard will offer whooping 10 Gbps...
Let's collect all the coolest Google Search Tricks that make the it the most awesome search engine in the world. Use Google As A Countdown Timer Want to set up...
I was looking up on where/how we are hosting these forums. After some help/information as well as some research i know that we use Xenforo Environment over Zend framework hosted...
I was just browsing through some catalogs of fans yesterday, and i discovered one thing: while table fans and pedestal fans have their speed in the range of 1000-2000 RPM,...