How can we prove that radio waves are sine waves?

How can we prove that radio waves are sine waves? What makes them sine?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Radio waves are part of the full electromagnetic spectrum all of which are transverse sine waves.
    Feed a radio wave into an oscilloscope and see for yourself the shape.
    This video is a tutorial on radio waves.

Here are some oscilloscope traces of radio waves;
    web.physics.ucsb.edu
  • alok raj
    alok raj
    thanks sir..
    sir u are from Biotech stream, but u showed intrest in electrical Q. Whats the secret?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is my 56th year of teaching and R&D in multidisciplinary S&T. No secret. One has to be a jack of all trades. Biotech is currently my major area of work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am student of first year electronics, I want to develop a circuit using 8051. I have the 8051 chip (AT89S51) but don't know how to transfer code into it....
On 15th October at Somerset House in Central London, Proto Labs are jointly hosting a series of master classes and workshops designed to help you accelerate your innovations into a...
Global e-commerce company Amazon has launched Fire, its most affordable tablet that costs just $49.99 (3308 INR). You can easily deduct from the name “Fire” that Amazon is banking quite...
hello!!! i have an aggregate of 60+% in my first 6 semesters of engineering ,i had a back in one subject of 4th semester which i cleared in 2nd attempt,now...
Do you see your future working upstream or downstream? If you’re looking to work in the oil and gas industry, knowing what role suits you and understanding more about the...