How can third year Civil engineering student get an internship in Chittaranjan Locomotive Works?
I am in my 3rd yr.of Engineering...from Civil branch..I want to do internship in Chittranjan Locomotive Works.
What is the selection procedure.
I am a student from Asansol Engineering College, Asansol
Just make a search on Google for Internship at Chittaranjan Locomotive Works; and you will get their official notice and information brochure.
It has all the details you want.
Here are the details -
As per previous practice it has been decided to follow the following procedure for imparting Summer Internship for the
undergraduate engineering students (Degree/Diploma ) in TTC/CLW w.e.f. 01.05.2019. This is in pursuance with the guide lines of
Rly. Bd’s. letter above reference.
1. Duration of the course - Two weeks in case of Diploma Engineering Students & four weeks in case of Degree Engineering Students .
2. Number of interns to be trained - 300 Nos. in a year.
3. No. of batches – 05 Nos. each batch will consists of 60 students.
4. Branches/discipline – Mechanical, Electrical, Civil.
5. Commencement of Training – May every year.
6. Facilities of internships will be offered to only those candidates who are still studying at Undergraduate level in Technical /
Management areas and not to those who have passed the final examination and have left the Institution.
7. No fee would be charged from the trainees.
8. No remuneration in the form of stipend, salary or allowances of any kind will be paid to the trainees by the Railway administration. No passes PTOs will be issued to them.
9. The trainees will have to conform to all General rules and regulations of discipline and conduct of CLW.
10. The application of the student seeking internship should be sent along with a “No Objection” certificate/Recommendation of the Institute where the student is pursuing the studies. Any loss or damage to equipment and fittings that may be caused by the trainee during the course of training in workshops etc., should be indemnified by the Parent/Guardian of the student.
11. The trainees will not be treated as employees of the Railway Administration and as such will not be entitled to any compensation or damages from the Railway Administration for any injury to them or to their property etc. Use of Personal protective equipments by the trainees is obligatory.
12. The trainees will be under the administrative control and discipline of the head of the Unit/Office concerned.
13. On successful completion of internship, the trainees will have to submit a report giving their feedback including ideas/suggestions for innovation etc. Then only a certificate will be issued to them by the Railway Administration.
14. Railway Administration may instruct an intern to terminate the programme at any time, as deemed fit, without assigning any
reason. The decision of the Railway Administration shall be final in this regard. An intern can also leave the programme, if he/she desires, giving prior notice of seven (07) working days to Principal/TTC/CLW. No certificate shall be awarded to such intern.
15. The internship course shall not confer any claim/right for any employment in any office/establishment under the administrative control of the Ministry of Railway/PSUs.
16. Candidates will have to apply along with their Bio – Data, stating their semester results in Engg. and declaration . The proforma of the declaration is enclosed.
17. As the seats are limited so only the 3rd year Engg. students and 2nd year students in case of Diploma Engg. will be entertained for training.
18. The candidates will have to submit their application forms in the drop box in TTC/CLW/Chittaranjan which will be kept in TTC
premises during office hours in every working days or may be sent by Post to be received by 20.3.2019. Application will be received w.e.f. 20.02.2019 to 20.03.2019.
19. A list of eligible candidates will be prepared after screening of the applications & will be displayed in the notice board of TTC in the 2nd week of April, 2019.