How can one choose alternative for his/her careers?

Hello Friends

I am in development since last 1.5 years and but now I am fed up of development, but it is also true that I have only interest in development

The Point is that I want to give my career new perspectives, I don't want to stick to only
one field

Can anyone help me in this regard?

Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It seems to be that you're fed up of development because you haven't been working on projects that are challenging enough. Else, it's bit confusing that you love development but you're fed up of it. It would help if you could talk a bit more about the new perspectives. Do you want to make a switch over to an entirely new field or want to keep base as development and explore new fields related to it (say Game development, OS development, app development etc.?)

I think more useful answers will follow once you post more information.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    The_Big_K
    It seems to be that you're fed up of development because you haven't been working on projects that are challenging enough. Else, it's bit confusing that you love development but you're fed up of it. It would help if you could talk a bit more about the new perspectives. Do you want to make a switch over to an entirely new field or want to keep base as development and explore new fields related to it (say Game development, OS development, app development etc.?)

I think more useful answers will follow once you post more information.
    No There is nothing like that because in recently I have worked on IOS, Android App
    I just want to make a switch to new field,

Not sure I am just confused completely because in last few days there are many things happened with me, with some project there were conditions that i was not able to sleep in night due to code, continuously the logic were running in my mind, I was not able to sleep even, not sure if this was my passion or something else,
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll have to tell us what new fields are on your mind? Downs and lows can't be escaped. It's a temporary phase. Maybe you're in the state of elevated emotions. Why not just let a few days pass and see if the feeling that you need to change your career track is still there?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I think something that you love to do,you gotta ease up off it .. give it a little space, come back & be fresh on it.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Relax Buddy you are turning into a workaholic take a five day break from your work and lay your hands again every thing will be fine

PS: Another recent thread by you points the same take a break from work #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Does the change have to be mainstream career-wise? You can get involved in some kind of hobby or extracurricular activity that gives you time to relax and not think about unresolved errors in codes.

If you still think you want to completely move away from coding, do you still want to do something related to computers?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ Goyal - i understand what you are saying. Below is what I had done, I am sure it aplpies to your case as well.
    At one point, 18 hrs out of 24 hrs I was doing networking related stuff and my mind exploded. I kept my cert books aside in Sep. Since I did not want to stay away from networking, but I also needed a break, I took up learning scripting language at home. Right now I have learnt enough of it that i am able to make IPV4 subnet cals,. latency cals in that language. I am planning to make a IPV6 cal soon.
    I know when I want to get back to my cert books. Only when my mind feels prepared enough.
    point is - take a break. do something more creative which will challenge your mind again and then get back to what you love doing.
    I don't think there is anything wrong in being multi dimensional or learning new art/ skill.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends.i have an interest to do the project based on the concept of fluorescent light or about fuse ...can u give any idea..........first give me the detail information about...
Kurukshetra 2013 – The International Techno-Management festival that puts College of Engineering, Guindy, Anna University, a cut above the rest! Uniquely placed as the first ever student organized event with...
how many types automation used in industaries? means for example embedded , gsm etc
which types of training of automation is useful ? ans. 1 in institute 2 in industary
A lot of engineering to keep the roads clean!