How can I stop automatic bot log-in to my wordpress website?

I desperately need a help.
I have a website created using WordPress. Everyday, I get notifications regarding some absurd log-in from unreal users.
Can anyone please help me -
1) How to stop these nuisance, please?
2) Please advise on the plug-ins, if available to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It looks like they are spammers. There are many ways to control spam on your site.
    Use a plugin such as 'Akismet' which is one of the most popular anti spam plugin for WordPress. I am assuming here that your website is a blog running on Wordpress. So, the plugin will filter all the spam comments (And thus the users). They will be only posted if you approve them manually.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Let me know if that works or I can tag people here who can help you with your query. There are plugins to stop brute force attacks as well.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Koushal Patel
    I desperately need a help.
    I have a website created using WordPress. Everyday, I get notifications regarding some absurd log-in from unreal users.
    Can anyone please help me -
    1) How to stop these nuisance, please?
    2) Please advise on the plug-ins, if available to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
    Disable the registration and use Akismet to control the spammy comments.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Thank you #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#
    But, I want the registration line open. I have heard about the advantages of captcha where I came to know that autobots can not read the contents of the captch since it is displayed in image format and hence can not go ahead with registration. Please advise If I am wrong.

You are true about Akismet. Thank you for your time 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You are correct about Captcha. That's the best way to avoid spammers. Different variations of captcha enabling plugins are available. Do read about them before installing.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear readers and colleagues, We are Materials Engineering students at Ben Gurion University in Israel. In our studies, we have a project which we need to do in Solid Works....
At the Mojave Air and Space Port in California, Virgin Galactic will unveil the second of its SpaceShipTwo series on February 19th this year. If his health permits, famed scientist...
Folks, Glad to be a part of Crazy Engineers. Name: Raagavan *Engineering Trade: Information Technology Location: Bangalore *Occupation: Freelance content writer Work Experience: 1 year with Dell as Tech support...
Twitter is now considering removal of the default 140 character limit for tweets with new 10,000 characters limit. Twitter's CEO has expressed his opinion through an image attached to a...
i'm having difficulty in iterfacing four pic controllers with arm7 processor or want increase the serial comm ports of arm7(needs tx-rx four pairs). please suggest me possible ways of multiprocessor...