how can i improve my progrraming skills in java?

hii everyone
I want programming questions on java asked in written technical round.
just want to prepare harder....if anyone have some question plz share with me..

thanks

Replies

• Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    ashie
    hii everyone
    I want programming questions on java asked in written technical round.
    just want to prepare harder....if anyone have some question plz share with me..

thanks
    Well in Technical Rounds, the questions that are asked are just basics. Some of the questions that I faced were the likes of
    -> JVM structure and purpose
    -> Why no multiple inheritance in Java?
    -> Can you write a program without main?
    -> What are collections? Write a program for each?
    -> Why don't you need a destructor in Java?
    -> How can you connect java to a database?
    -> What is Dynamic Method Dispatch?
    -> Can you overload a constrcutor?
    -> What are virtual functions in Java?
    -> What is autoboxing and unboxing?
    -> What is the difference between Applet and Frame?
    -> What are the different layouts used in Frame?
    -> Will the Frame object be visible implicitly or it must be explicitly made visible? How will you accomplish that?
    and many more... Just have the basics right and it will not be a tough job to crack the technical round
  • ashie
    ashie
    thanks for the questions...
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    which is platform independent JDK, JRE or JVM?
    you can google it.. 😀
    and give the answer of above questions too.
    I find the best way to improve java is keep repeating tricky basic questions and studying new things. When you study new things you will get itchy to program on computer to see how it's working.😉
  • sookie
    sookie
    I guess you prepare thoroughly these topics in Java. I can't tell you the questions exactly. These days interviewers are also getting smart. They don't ask the questions easily available on web

1. *OOPs concepts for.e.g given a real situation then how will you make classes and all and make use of inheritance, abstraction, encapsulation etc. May be asked to write a program.

2. Overriding + co variant return - Be thorough with the concept.

3. *Assignment , type casting, "static", "final" and "finally" keywords usage. Be well prepared with static. If get time you can focus little on constructors. where all "static" block can be used. Mainly focus on solving programs in this. You may be given a small program and ask for the output using any of the concepts.

4. Collections -> Mainly comparison and usage of each type of collection available in java. Try to get good command on sorting type programs + find largest and second largest element from an array using optimized program+ how Garbage handling done in java(little knowledge)

5. *Exception Handling mainly how to avoid "finally" block to be executed, exception hierarchy, when do we get class cast exception, null pointer exception etc. What are checked and unchecked exceptions in Java. Can we catch "run time exceptions" in our program ? What are errors?

6. *Strings + String pool how it works + Why strings immutable? May give you a program mainly using strings with arrays and ask for the output.

7. Multi-threading - company's of high profile generally ask otherwise may skip.

According to me these are the basics of Java every programmer in Java should be thorough in this. If you answer all the questions in these topics and fail to answer questions out of this scope, tyou will still impress the interviewer.

Good luck !!😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i would like to introduce my self to all thanks
It is often said that the laptop should not be used when charging, charge it first and then use it after unplugging it, else it damages the battery. How true...
Hello Everyone. I am Dhananjay Ghodke. I have completed computer engineering in the year 2010 and currently working in Software industry. I have joined CE because, I wanted to be...
we can solve any problems in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have done my b-tech in IT (2008-2012 batch) from MDU I want to be a good programmer I can code in C,C++, Java, HTML, MySQL Suggest me questions to...