1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

How can I help disabled people?

Question asked by Bereket Weldemichael in #Robotics on Jul 6, 2019
Bereket Weldemichael
Bereket Weldemichael · Jul 6, 2019
Member of CrazyEngineers

?i want an idea on how to give a hand to disabled people. I want this idea for final year project

Posted in: #Robotics
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jul 6, 2019
CEO @ CrazyEngineers, TEDx Speaker, Guitarist

There are several kinds of disabilities. You will have to first identify the disability you'd like to address. Have you thought of it, yet? 

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Jul 7, 2019
Member of CrazyEngineers

Some parts of Tamilnadu, a South Indian state, has one in six with orthopedic disabilities often a result of trauma suffered while collecting firewood. These are poor and can ill afford existing aids.

If low cost, low tech aids can be developed it would generate local manufacturing and consumption.

Some general information:

Google Scholar

Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Jul 7, 2019
Member of CrazyEngineers

Apparently a similar situation especially with children below 15 years of age exists in Eritrea because of landmine casualties.

There seems to be a case for developing low cost, low tech mobility devices for local manufacturing and use.

It is best to discuss with concerned doctors on what sort of aids are needed and sizes. 

In almost forty years of working on biomedical devices, we found that no device reaches the production stage unless the concerned clinicians are involved in the work right from start. Otherwise it all ends up as just an academic exercise.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up