How can i copy MySQL database from one computer to another.?

Friends,
How can i copy a MySql database from one system to another . I have created a database in Mysql. I found a folder with my database name in this (C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.0\data) directory
I tried to copy it from my system to another. But it's not even accessible from the other system. What i have to do for accessing the database from another machine?

Replies

• meetramprasad
    meetramprasad
    We can take backup of MySQL database by using musqldump.

Creating a dumpfile from database/ Taking backup of MySQL database:
    - Open command prompt.
    - Execute following commands to change directory
    >c: “press enter”
    >cd program files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.1/ bin “press enter”
    >mysqldump -u root -p databse_name > database_name.sql “press enter”
    Enter password: password of MySQL
    Copy sql file and paste it in PC where you want to transfer database.
  • shibi raj
    shibi raj
    Thank you... 😀
  • sarangc
    sarangc
    can you please solve my below sql query:-

Table_Name
    Col1 Col2

CS 2009
    CS 2010
    EC 2010
    EC 2009
    EC 2008
    IT 2006
    CS 2007
    CS 2013
    IT 2009
    IT 2008
    EE 2009
    EE 2010

Result:-

EE CS IT EC
    2009 2009 2009 2009
    2010 2010 2010 2010
    2008 2013 2013 2013
    2007 2007 2007 2007
    2013 2008 2008 2008

PLEASE WRITE SQL QUERY TO GET ABOVE RESULT....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey, CEans, I want your opinion, because they have so much to offer in just a little price, I was thinking to try my hands on it. But Is it...
Engineers at Panasonic have developed a new kind of technology that can double the brightness of color photographs taken in low light conditions. What this means is that you no...
This thread is meant for all the discussions related to questions asked by ThoughtWorks during their campus selection process.
CEans, I'm excited to announce the official launch of dedicated downloads section on CrazyEngineers. It's not just your file downloads section, but a much more evolved system that goes beyond...
This thread is dedicated to discussing questions asked by Infosys in their placements in campuses. A relevant question paper can be downloaded from below mentioned link. Feel free to add...