How Can I Become Fluent In English?

Hi, to all friends..

Actually i want to gain my skills in communication.Please tell me how can i become fluent in english and increase my vocab..

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Hi buddy fluent in any language doesn't mean you use some darn words that will confuse a general man. Fluent english means speaking so easy that a person with medium knowledge of language can also grasp what you mean. If you want to develop your english to high professional level this book can help you

Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis

So far my friends and i know it is possible easiest book developed for professional english.
  • harshk88
    harshk88
    Thanks leo...
    Leo
    Hi buddy fluent in any language doesn't mean you use some darn words that will confuse a general man. Fluent english means speaking so easy that a person with medium knowledge of language can also grasp what you mean. If you want to develop your english to high professional level this book can help you

Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis

So far my friends and i know it is possible easiest book developed for professional english.
  • makru921
    makru921
    The only way to be fluent in a language is to keep constantly speaking in that language especially with people who are good at it. Try to catch their way of speech, use of words and adapt accordingly. Books will help of course, but i believe the best way would be to keep practising.

Another simple and entertaining way is to watch english movies, or read books (literary works even, suiting your tastes). Whenever you come across any word you dont understand, pause, look it up in the dictionary and note it down in a notepad or something. After end of each day or week, go through all the words you have written, and make sure you have understood their meaning. This really helps to increase vocabulary.

But again, to improve communication skills i would suggest to keep talking to people who are good at it. Make friends with good English speakers, for example. With practice, i dont think it will be tough to master any language..๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a good question and almost all want to know the answer.
    I think the key points are extensive reading of books & newspapers and watching good English movies/songs.

And then as makru and leo said, keep talking to those who are fluent in English.

Moreover, start posting on CE Forum, we will tell you where you are going wrong with the vocabulary and grammar. All the best!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I highly recommend reading English novels for leisure. The more you read, the more comfortable you'll be with the language. Also, you might try calling call center executives and try to talk to them in English. That's the best way to avoid embarrassment and also practice the language at the same time. It should do wonders if you're shy.๐Ÿ˜€

Hope this helps.

PS: Interacting with others on CE is a proven, effective way of improving English!
  • harshk88
    harshk88
    Thanks...to all CEans..๐Ÿ˜€

I'm thankful to u for this useful information,i need it alot ๐Ÿ˜€. Please tell me how to present myself in a seminar or somewhat like that where i need fluent and correct english..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    harshk88
    Thanks...to all CEans..๐Ÿ˜€

I'm thankful to u for this useful information,i need it alot ๐Ÿ˜€. Please tell me how to present myself in a seminar or somewhat like that where i need fluent and correct english..
    Let me write an article on it. Keep watch on the seminars section.

Update: I wrote it: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • IdiotNishi
    IdiotNishi
    Fluency in any Language , is not a one day job , we know it. Right . Here r ways :
    1. Make english your primary communicating language , atleast with ur friends.
    2. watch english movie channels with sub titles [ star movies , HBO ].
    3. Read THESAURUS (synonyms words) .
    4. One word from dictionary everyday. Learn it and use it.
    BEST LUCK

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

a candidate appearing for an examinations has to secure 40% marks to pass paper 1.But he secured only 40 marks & failed by 20 marks. What is the maximum mark...
a sports dealer bought 2000hockey sticks for Rs 350 each.10%of them were found to be defective and unfit to be sold.At what price should he sell the remaining to get...
iDea cellular is one of the leading network providers in India to introduce Mobile Number Portability. The company has already launched a campaign to attract non-idea mobile subscribers to idea....
So here's a small common sense based tip for those who don't get it naturally - Interview is about knowing the real you; not the fake you. English may not...
Hi guys a day or two before it was late night i visited CE and i saw a message something like this, "CE needs a break, we will return in...