How are PN sequences generated?

pn sequence is the random noise like sequence used as codes in CDMA.....how exactly are these sequences generated??i mean is there any single method??

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Well, there can be various algorithms. These 'random' signals are generally not pure random and tends to repeat after some iteration.

I am not totally sure if there's a single method, but there should be some standards for it. Just check the cdma standard documentation. You'll find the best information there.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    ya i know that they repeat.....my doubt is as u said we can use only standard algorithms or is there any possibility that we can design an algorithm so that the seq is random??i mean we just have to design a circuit so that the output seq are random but yet repeating
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    "Linear feedback shift registers" are used for PN sequence generation(but there are certain criteria to be matched)

Technically,there ain't any algorithm that is capable of producing true random sequence.
    Take look at Golomb's principle.It might help you understand more.
  • KenJackson
    KenJackson
    Here's my favorite PRG, right out of the CRC reference. If you pick the same seed, you'll always get the same sequence of numbers, which therefore wouldn't be random. But the lower part of the time is usually a pretty random number to initialize the seed with. It gives a fairly uniform distribution that's close enough to random to give reasonable results--for my testing anyway.

unsigned seed;

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------
     * Generate a pseudorandom number from 0 to range-1.  The constants used
     * here are not arbitrary, but are known to give reasonable results.
     */
    unsigned pseudoRandom(unsigned range)
    {
        seed = (171 * seed) % 30269;
        return seed * range / 30269;
    }

/* Initialize the seed somewhere before the first use */
        seed = (unsigned)time(NULL) & 0x3FFF;

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can u suggest me the best book for electrical circuit analysis.....so.i want to be more perfect in this subject
At the consumer electronics show 2013, the consumer electronics giants are showcasing their innovations. Sharp has just announced the Android & iOS second screen support to the Aquos TVs. This...
Today, nVIDIA made a big bang announcement - their own personal gaming device, called 'Project Shield'. The company, until now supplied the graphics processors to power the modern generation of...
Hi, Today i was asked to make a B B S for R C C structure but is was suppose to be as per i s code. can someone help...
sir ,i have been alloted a seat for PG-DITISS course in C DAC-NOIDA center.so i want to know about the placement after completing this course and is it good to...