How Accelerator works in car

How accelerator works in BIKE and CARS. I want brief explanation with sketch images 😀

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    It's like this: the more fuel you spray into the engine, the more power it will develop. Meaning, of course, that it will go faster. So when you press/twist the accelerator, it causes the fuel supply to the engine to increase, causing....well, acceleration. Note that his is a very brief explanation, so I've left some things out.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    For most cars, the accelerator pedal is connected to a throttle body which opens up depending on how much the pedal is pushed. The throttle allows air to enter the combustion chamber where a series of controlled explosions drive the pistons transferring power to the transmission and then to axles (overly simplified). Some cars have a throttle position sensor that will control fuel input based on the position of the throttle. Some have a mass air sensor that measures the amount of air entering and adjusts fuel to a preset ratio. Some newer cars do not connect the accelerator to the throttle directly (drive by wire). The ECU determines the throttle position based on the pedal position.

Check this out too:
    Inside an Electric Car | HowStuffWorks
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Praveen-Kumar
    For most cars, the accelerator pedal is connected to a throttle body which opens up depending on how much the pedal is pushed. The throttle allows air to enter the combustion chamber where a series of controlled explosions drive the pistons transferring power to the transmission and then to axles (overly simplified). Some cars have a throttle position sensor that will control fuel input based on the position of the throttle. Some have a mass air sensor that measures the amount of air entering and adjusts fuel to a preset ratio. Some newer cars do not connect the accelerator to the throttle directly (drive by wire). The ECU determines the throttle position based on the pedal position.

Check this out too:
    Inside an Electric Car | HowStuffWorks
    Looks like you forgot to mention the #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀
    Dancer_Engineer
    Looks like you forgot to mention the #-Link-Snipped-#. 😀
    Can Y! A can be taken as a source?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Praveen-Kumar
    Can Y! A can be taken as a source?
    If you are copying pasting then you must mention the source / link.
    Okay...
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi every one.........i am thinking to design a electronic equipment..its like a gaurd..when some one punches in it the amount of force will be calculated respectively..then the punching force of...
Hi CE'ans, I am fond of mechanical designing. I heard Hyper mesh is a very advanced meshing software at present. Can any one provide me the software downloading and tutorials...
I hope the Playstation addicts here on CE haven't missed this news. Sony has released an update to firmware and the firmware version 4.10 brings you the following new changes...
Hi folks, This is bluee here and I am from California, Well I am new here and I believe that we will have fun on this site and help to...
CEans residing in Bangalore can come together on 11th of Feb, 2012. at 6 pm in Forum Mall. Every CE member (and all you unregistered members) can come and meet...