How about adding college/company information in profile?

CEans,

What is your take on ability to add college/company name in profile? We may display it in the mini profile (on the left side of your post) as well.

How will this help?

We'll be able to connect better. Working professionals can identify their juniors, CEans from same college can identify each other, people willing to switch jobs will be able to get in touch et al.

However, do you think this will make CE more of a Social Network?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    College is a good idea, could be a cnversation starter. Not sure about company because then you are a "legal representative" and many companies have a policy against that based on the person's actions/statements and how they could reflect on the business. Still a good idea however one should check with your company first.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeh, that is why I asked. The thoughts expressed on open forum are that of Individuals and not of their employers. I must inform everyone that our forums are watched by lots of companies. Here is a proof: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ce-infocus/7146-sprint-ceo-bad-mouths-android.html , where Sprint representative commented on a news published in our InFocus section.

I think all of us can add College/University name. What say? Of course, we'll make the field an optional profile field.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well adding a companies name can also create botheration as most of college students came here for finding projects they may follow-up to you for projects and also for big breaks,and adding this will take us to closer to social networking site,this forum is to interact with like minded poeple not to search your collge mates or long-lost freinds
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yep. Point noted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone identify this logo , its my avatar and its driving me berserk, cos I know the damn thing but cant identify it.
hi, I want to integerate matlab and oracle for my project. If you know reply me.. Thank U ! With Regards, Priyaa
Hi, I am trying to interface a parallel to serial convertor which is used to transmit a digital video data. Can the parallel to serial convertor chip be operated at...
can anyone tell me a free software that will be useful for me to draw circuit diagram and block diagram in my pc and i can save that as a...
January 02, 2009. Shrey Goel, IIT KGP Reports - E-Summit 09 kick started today with a Guest Lecture by Dominique Trempont and Sramana Mitra. ​ Dominique is currently a member...