Honda UNI-CUB Mobility Device Is Evolution Of U3-X

Honda's a well known name in the world of robotics and engineering. The company famous for the ASIMO robots has just released an evolved version of U3-X mobility device named UNI-CUB. The biggest addition to this mobility device is the addition of extra wheel that not only adds to the balance, but also offers directions to the device. Plus user can control the direction of the device from an app installed on your mobile phone or tablet. The specifications of the device is as follows :-
  • Size (L x W x H): 520 x 345 x 745 mm (20.5 x 13.6 x 29.3 inches)
  • Seat height: 745 - 825 mm (29.3 - 32.5 inches)
  • Battery type: Lithium-ion battery
  • Maximum speed: 6 km/h (3.7 mph)
  • Range: 6 km (3.7 miles)
Via: Honda: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. - Official Site

honda-uni-cub-18honda-uni-cub

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    What I like about this design is that the rider's legs reach the ground (good for balancing.)
    And the rider can maintain eye-level height with other pedestrians.

Here's a video of the same -
  • jkob
    jkob
    Tough I highly appreciate Honda has a leader in robotics and engineering this rider doesn't look this comfortable, i bet after few minutes your back begins to ache it doesn't support your back and the seat looks pretty small. Other components looks pretty great.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    jkob
    Tough I highly appreciate Honda has a leader in robotics and engineering this rider doesn't look this comfortable, i bet after few minutes your back begins to ache it doesn't support your back and the seat looks pretty small. Other components looks pretty great.
    I don't see why the back should ache. riding this robot is just like riding a regular two-wheeler.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    nice gadget. how much does it cost ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia India has just announced two entry-level Dual-SIM phones, Nokia 110 and Nokia 112. The phones are priced at Rs. 2400 and Rs. 2600 respectively which should make it very...
I am Rajesh Kr Choudhary from Rajasthan{India}. Currently, I am an engineering student(Electronics Instrumentation & Control Engineering). And I want to do something very exciting for this world.
Here is an interesting and creative (CEative!) engineered art product using the latest engineering tools. Is the creator an artist or engineer? May be just a CEan. https://www.instructables.com/id/Creating-a-University-Monument-and-Replica-Bronzes/
Hi guys, I am a first year student studying electronics and comm engg. I am in my first year hols and want to learn something new. When I talked to...
Share your workspace Snap in this thread. Starting with mine !!