Honda Activa-I : Engine - 110cc, Mileage - 60 Kmpl, Price - Rs. 44,200

The Honda Activa is one of the hottest selling scooters in India but in the recent times, it's facing a cut-throat competition from rival Japanese & Indian two-wheelers. In order to maintain their lead and regain the lost market share, Honda's fully owned local subsidiary, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India aka HMSI launched the new Activa-I, with a price tag of Rs. 44,200 (ex-showroom in Delhi). The company also sells two other models, Dio & Aviator with the same 110 cc engine at higher prices.

Technical specs wise, Activa-I offers nothing exciting. It's powered by a 110 cc, air-cooled engine which produces 8.15PS at 7500 rpm (revolutions per minute) and a torque of about 8.74 Nm at 5500 rpm. The brakes system is the same as you'd find in oldie Activa called the Combi Brake System (CBS). The CBS technology allows the total braking distance reduced by about 24% as compared to other traditional brakes system. The new Activa-I comes with tubeless tyers, a viscous air-filter and most importantly - a maintenance free battery.

slide​

On the mileage side, the Honda engineering team promises a cool 60 Kmpl with their Honda Eco Technology aka HET. Based on user feedback for older activa; we'd expect the mileage to be about 50 kmpl on city roads. We'd like to know if any of the CEans are getting a better mileage from their Activa.

The petrol tank can accomodate approximately 18 liters. The new Activa-I offers a greater ground clearance, of about 165mm (as compared to older Activa's 153mm). The dead-weight of the scooter is about 103 Kg. For the women riders, there's an ergonomic grab rail - which promises to bring down the total effort of putting the scooter on main stand by about 15%. We'd definitely like to have a first hand review of this system. Do let us know through the comments!

The Activa-I will be made available in four cool colors viz. Beige Metallic, Pearl Sunbeam White, Alpha Red Metallic and Purple Metallic.

HMSI's CEO, Mr. Keita Muramatsu informed the press that Activa-I is a creation of a team of about 200 engineers working on a project for about a year. The company now plans to make a 100% 'Made In India' two-wheeler, but did not comment on whether it'll be a motorcycle or a scooter.

Via: Honda launches new Activa to stem share loss - The Economic Times

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tech-specs at a glance-

Engine-
    4 Stroke air cooled engine
    109.2 CC Displacement
    Peak power of 8 BHP @ 7500 RPM
    Peak torque of 8.74 Nm @ 5500 RPM
    V-Matic automatic Transmission
    Self-Start and Kick start option
    Suspension-
    Spring loaded hydraulic suspension at front
    Spring loaded hydraulic suspension at rear
    Other Specifications & Features-
    Battery MF-12V 3Ah
    Headlamp- 12 V 55W
    Underbone type Frame
    Dimensions- 1795mm x 705mm x 1115 mm
    Wheelbase of 1238 mm
    Seat height of 765mm
    Front and rear tyre size of 90/100- 10 53J
    Both front and rear tubeless tyre
    Combi-brake technology
    Front and rear drum brakes with diameter of 130mm
    Viscous paper air-filter
  • Smriti Jha
    Smriti Jha
    Main stand troubles will last forever but I guess I appreciate that Honda's trying.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Smriti Jha
    Main stand troubles will last forever but I guess I appreciate that Honda's trying.
    Looks like a discussion topic for our mechanical engineers. 😨
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The first model - Honda Activa - felt SO robust! People would never call it a 'scooty' and even guys who preferred non-gear vehicle used it. Now, this new design just looks like Hero Honda Pleasure! πŸ˜• Did they stop its production?
    See -

Hero-Honda-Pleasure

And why is it always the 'I' these days? iHeadphone, iBag, iToothbrush! 😘
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Don't think this will attract even the ladies. Dio is much better in looks, and the old Activa looked better and bigger. Yamaha Ray also has got a good style.

Request to Honda:
    Please make the front forks firm like the Aviator for both Dio and Activa variants. And if you could, please try and bring out a males only macho version of Dio. Would love to sport the likes of a Yamaha FZ in a scooter. Also, its not a good option to pull the choke each time you want to start in this cold climate.

-2012 model Dio userπŸ˜’
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Looks like a discussion topic for our mechanical engineers. 😨
    Then the extreme step that can be taken is to introduce electric motor powered main stands.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    I still say the earlier versions of activa were much better.

by the way what is "i" about this version ?
  • Heera85
    Heera85
    i found activa better then access. We have both in our house. But as ActivaPrice - Stuff Related to Two Wheelers is very flawless and easy to handle while access is little slow.
  • Ankita@123
    Ankita@123
    i use activa last from more then 2 year still riding smoothly... High Pressure Non Return Valves Manufacturer | Non Returning Valve | aira Euro
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    Smriti Jha
    whats trouble?
    there is a technique for main stand.
    *make sure ur scooter is on proper ground.
    *stand its left side where it has lever for main stand.
    * touch down both legs of stand and scooter straight.
    *with the help of lever given, press it downward with ur foot. Make sure u hold ur scooter handle with atleast one hand.
    with this technique anybody can stand bike scooter on main, no matter users physical strength.
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The Honda Activa is one of the hottest selling scooters in India but in the recent times, it's facing a cut-throat competition from rival Japanese & Indian two-wheelers. In order to maintain their lead and regain the lost market share, Honda's fully owned local subsidiary, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India aka HMSI launched the new Activa-I, with a price tag of Rs. 44,200 (ex-showroom in Delhi). The company also sells two other models, Dio & Aviator with the same 110 cc engine at higher prices.

Technical specs wise, Activa-I offers nothing exciting. It's powered by a 110 cc, air-cooled engine which produces 8.15PS at 7500 rpm (revolutions per minute) and a torque of about 8.74 Nm at 5500 rpm. The brakes system is the same as you'd find in oldie Activa called the Combi Brake System (CBS). The CBS technology allows the total braking distance reduced by about 24% as compared to other traditional brakes system. The new Activa-I comes with tubeless tyers, a viscous air-filter and most importantly - a maintenance free battery.

slide​

On the mileage side, the Honda engineering team promises a cool 60 Kmpl with their Honda Eco Technology aka HET. Based on user feedback for older activa; we'd expect the mileage to be about 50 kmpl on city roads. We'd like to know if any of the CEans are getting a better mileage from their Activa.

The petrol tank can accomodate approximately 18 liters. The new Activa-I offers a greater ground clearance, of about 165mm (as compared to older Activa's 153mm). The dead-weight of the scooter is about 103 Kg. For the women riders, there's an ergonomic grab rail - which promises to bring down the total effort of putting the scooter on main stand by about 15%. We'd definitely like to have a first hand review of this system. Do let us know through the comments!

The Activa-I will be made available in four cool colors viz. Beige Metallic, Pearl Sunbeam White, Alpha Red Metallic and Purple Metallic.

HMSI's CEO, Mr. Keita Muramatsu informed the press that Activa-I is a creation of a team of about 200 engineers working on a project for about a year. The company now plans to make a 100% 'Made In India' two-wheeler, but did not comment on whether it'll be a motorcycle or a scooter.

Via: Honda launches new Activa to stem share loss - The Economic Times
    Honda has reached many Indians home. But In compare to above model TVS Scooty Zest and Hero Pleasure are champion and true value for money.
  • Ankita@123
    Ankita@123
    Still Activa post popular scooter in all over india. really fabulous experience.
  • Ankita@123
    Ankita@123
    anybody tell me what is a exact activa average ?
  • Kamlesh Vora
    Kamlesh Vora
    Ankita@123
    anybody tell me what is a exact activa average ?
    40-50 kmpl, depends on driving condition.
    TVS Jupiter/ wego or Hero Pleasure / maestro are more better options but Activa sales are higher.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello... Crazy engineers Today, I am here for discuss in the field of SEO for engineers. All the comments are welcome....
Chrome's latest experiment is a real-time video game built with WebRTC. WebRTC is an open web-based technology that allows real-time communication without the hassle of plug-ins. Once Cube Slam has...
Following the official launch of Amazon eCommerce store in India, the company has just announced the arrival of Amazon Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite and the Kindle via the Kindle Store...
Some people think, Playing "Hardcore games" like Battlefield 3, God Of War, Farcry 2, Uncharted 2, Call OF Duty Series, etc etc makes them "Hardcore gamer". Well, that's funniest thing...
Intel intends to deliver on the ever-growing need of storage space for Cloud Computing. The Solid-State Drive Data Center S3500 Series aims to increase multicore CPU utilization, reduce rack space...