Home Sweet (renewable energy) Home!

On September 12, 2012, the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) unveiled a two-story, four-bedroom, three-bath Net-Zero Energy Residential Test Facility, which incorporates energy-efficient construction and appliances, as well as energy-generating technologies such as solar water heating and solar photovoltaic systems.

This is designed to demonstrate that a typical-looking suburban home for a family of four can generate as much energy as it uses in a year.

Read the full story here:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Mohamed Amir
    Mohamed Amir
    thanks

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

actuaaly i have a 2 or 2.5 kw motor for rising the water to the tank at my floor..approx. 12 m height..now i want to have a contactor tht switches...
RFID locator chips can help locate misplaced keys and stuff. There is an old Latin saying:"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" "Who will guard the guards themselves?" What happens if the locator...
The enormity of the Universe is on show in this 9-Gigapixel image of the milky way. Obtained with the VISTA survey telescope at ESO’s Paranal Observatory in Chile, this image...
Next Monday, Oakley, one of the largest sports optics makers in the world, will unveil its $599 Airwave ski goggles, an all-new product featuring a small built-in heads-up display that...
Butlers, lunar rovers, snakes and airboats: the best of Carnegie Mellon's Robotics Institute Here is a parade of the best of robotics from the Carnegie Mellon Institute of Robotics, USA....