history of micro controller

hey friends,
after the history of micro processor now i came with the history of micro controller
as i learned in my class today i known that history of micro controller is great thing and i am posting it here

the first micro controller is hitachi hmcs 40
it is 4 bit micro controller it is a basic controller and mostly used in small applications

next coming to 8 bit micro controller here occur's two generations or types
these two are designed by intel
these two controllers are 8048 and 8051
these two are also used in small applications and 8051 is mostly used in small applications like speed control of D.C machines

next intel given the 16 bit micro controller
it is intel 80c196
this is mostly used in pwm applications

next coming to the 32 bit micro controller
this is also designed by intel it is intel 80960
it is mostly used in sophisticated technology like air craft landing
and it is in avionics
i believe all the CEans know about avionics

this all about the micro controllers history
hope all understood this topic and please post any additional matter is there if i had missed

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nice work man.You should be an archeologist in previous birth ...lol
    Nice article,keep going...
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a good initiative.

Could you explain about which features were changed with the newer versions of microcontrollers?
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    number of bits and compebility for higher usage of applications
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    thanks man. Nice work
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    Nice work man. Can anyone take pain in explaining the basic programming of these MCs..
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    shiwa436
    Nice work man. Can anyone take pain in explaining the basic programming of these MCs..
    Programming of these microcontrollers can be done in their assembly language. One can also use C language to write code and compile it for the targeted micro-controller.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @gaurav: have you tested it i am asking because up to my knowledge your statement is wrong
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    narayana murthy
    @gaurav: have you tested it i am asking because up to my knowledge your statement is wrong
    No I haven't worked on any uC. Programming of micro-controllers is similar to that of micro-processors, i.e. assembly language, or a high level language (which ofcourse has to compiled to the binary code understood by the microcontroller)
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @gaurav: but total coding is different in masm or tasm when compared to c only similarity is they both use directives and they both are softwares
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    um..
    MASM, it is an x86 based assembler. It cannot assemble the assembly language code of a micro-controller.

Regarding the use of C language in programming microcontrollers,
    Microcontroller or a microprocessor, both cannot understand high level languages, any programs written in those language must be converted to binary codes (the codes which are stored in memory which the CPU executes). If you write an assembly language program for a microcontroller, then it has to be assembled (the process of converting the instructions to their respective codes). Else if you write a high level language program, it has to be compiled to object code (binary code).
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @gaurav: ok i got your point
    i think your saying we can use c also for programming of micro controller because micro controller only takes binary
    am i right
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Not only the C language, but we can use any high level language, provided that a compiler exists for that language to produce the (binary) object code for the targeted microcontroller.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Do check out the wikipedia page: Microcontroller Programming Environments
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @gaurav: ok i think this will work now
    i will try if i get a chance

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i am mohit sharma from bikaner and i am pursuing my engineering n electrical from govt. engineering college bikaner and i love cricket, football and robotics. I have made...
California based firm AeroVironment Inc. has successfully developed an unmanned flying vehicle which moves like a hummingbird. The robotic vehicle has a physical appearance which will make you confuse it...
If you like to drive your car with iPhone or control Mario with your eyes (and even get paid to do that), we’ve got an excellent opportunity for you! Waterloo...
Civil Services 2011 notification is out now. People who would really like to change some thing in country can also join Civil services and serve country better! (Debate on this...
What is the biggest number that can be made by using 1,1,1,1? Any one dare to solve it? I think biggie will...lol 😀