Higher Education in Germany??

Hello,

I am interested doing my higher studies in Stuttgart, Germany. The basic query I have is that will I be able to get job after my completion of the course (Msc (Geomatics Engineering)). Also, Since I am from a lower-middle-class family I am planning to purchase educational loan. For that, is it possible for to get some kinda part-time jobs there to clear my loan dues??

Please do the needful. It is very important for me. If anyone of you guide me in how to proceed with next it would be of very great help to me.

Thanks,
Karthee

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No responses here? Can anyone answer this?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Germany has stringent employment regulations for non-citizens. make sure you do your homework so you have no unrealistic expectations.
  • Karthee
    Karthee
    Hello,

Thanks for your response.

But I am not able to get you. Could you please give me some suggestions?

Thanks,
    Karthee
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Karthee: Gohm said that it could be difficult for non-citizens to find part time jobs in Germany. So you will have to search a lot before you decide whether to go for higher education in Germany.

I'm sure we have lots of visitors from Germany. Can anyone give us more insights, please?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I have heard from a friend that in germany we could get free education.

Dude i have some phone numbers and emails ..so better mail me to my ID given below such that i will reply you .
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yes, if you are a citizen, which isn't the easiest in Germany.

Biggie, you are correct. A non-citizen will have to go through a lot to legally gain employment in any techincal or white-collar industry. If you research, plan & prepare so you know what to expect and what actions must be achieved, Germany is a great place to live.

English-Scared
    I have heard from a friend that in germany we could get free education.

Dude i have some phone numbers and emails ..so better mail me to my ID given below such that i will reply you .
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Wondering why gohm quoted my message??
  • gohm
    gohm
    Um, because i answered/replied to your question?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Ok Gohm i got it.
  • Karthee
    Karthee
    Hello Friends,

I sincerely thank you all for responding to my question. Upon reading your answers I am getting a negative impression about the job prospects in Germany.

My plan goes like this... Do correct/suggest me if I am wrong

1. Do my master's there... repay my educational loan while doing some kinda part-time over there
    2. Do pursue my PhD
    3. After PhD getting into a decent job in Germany itself.

I would like to know whether all the three points are feasible for me. Moreover what makes me more worried is that Since Germany is in recession now I m very much puzzled about whether I can get in to a job after my completion of the course.

Do suggest me.

Thanks,
    Karthee
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Karthee -

Are you prepared for the challenges you may face with your plan's point #1? Might be difficult for you (considering that you are not a German citizen).
  • gohm
    gohm
    The recession is fairly global so you will run into that more or less to varying degrees anywhere. Also, it is temporary so odds are the economic situation will be vastly different when you complete your studies then it is now.
  • Karthee
    Karthee
    Hello Friends,

Upon reading your suggestion, I feel that it is hardly possible to get a part-time in Germany. Now, I am in a confused state of what to do next.
    I chose Germany as my destination because the cost of education is very less when we compare to US, UK and Aussie.

I do not know how to proceed with next. Please do give me a suggestion. As of now, I have been laid off by my employer due to recession that has prompted me to do higher studies.

Please do the needful.

Thanks,
    Karthee

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello... i have this kind of problem. when i boot up my computer, it has a removable disk in my devices and removable storage. what i did was "safely remove...
Hai, I want to develop velocity meter. I want to measure velocity of any moving object. I'm finding of MEMS sensor for velocity.Normal design, using encoder on the tyre but...
Ok basically the 3 of us are from the IT department, not engineering so although we know some basic electronics we've never really worked with microcontrollers before. We are looking...
can u tell me where can i go to attend seminars in india? i also wanted 2 knw where can i join to participate in projects?
Here is a game where you need to program a robot to pick up all stars on a game board. You need to use concepts like functions, conditionals and recursion....