High Temperature Measurement - LabView

Hi everyone..i'm an instrumentation student & working on project based on labView. i want to use NI DAQ systems for high temperature around 1200C monitoring on my PC. I know that thermocouple - type K is used for high temperature measurement but all the temperature modules spec on NI website say that it generally ranges from -50C to 70C only.
any ideas on how to use these high temp. thermocouples on those modules or any other reliable DAQ software to analyze, control & monitor such high temperature on PC ???

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The output from the TC is just an analog voltage. Labview can handle this in many ways.
    Am I missing something? Were you considering something else?

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • aki.4517
    aki.4517
    A.V.Ramani
    The output from the TC is just an analog voltage. Labview can handle this in many ways.
    Am I missing something? Were you considering something else?

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Thank you for the response sir. I've got the answer. i think i had misunderstood the operating temperature of the module by the measurement of temperature it can take.

Just wanted to ask another question, can i attach any 3rd party TC to the temperature module or only NI ones would work ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The NI link tells one to get the data of a TC from the supplier
    aki.4517
    Just wanted to ask another question, can i attach any 3rd party TC to the temperature module or only NI ones would work ?
    The NI link refers one to get data from TC user manual, which means any make can be used. The problem is that Type K is an older type of TC and characteristics may vary a little between models. Use appropriate data.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Peverell’s legendary invisibility cloak from the Harry Potter world has worked as the game changer for the next generation and inspired people to explicitly build an invisibility cloak for real....
An interesting application based survey has revealed that humans, the social animals are more interested in social networking through different applications than direct TimeBanking services. Developed by Penn State, the...
Hi Everyone, I want to control hydrogen flow from a mass flow controller & want to monitor, analyse & control its flow on preferably Lab view software or on any...
Although, being a part of CrazyEngineers Editorial Team I feel no shame to accept that I am afraid of wasps and bees, I am sure there are many people who...
I'm currently studying in my last year of Engineering ,due to some of the personal problem I suffered a year drop,but currently my aggregate is about 60% do i stand...