Hide Your Secret-Data Inside The Image.

We'll be using cross-platform application, STEG to do this.It use steganography and cryptography techniques to hide information inside uncompressed and compressed images. JPEG (JPG), TIFF, PNG, BMP image formats are supported.

Download STEG from : #-Link-Snipped-#

- Extract the downloaded file named "steg-v1.0.0.2-linux32.tgz" in the directory. The extracted files would look something like :

Right-click on the executable files from the extracted files & click on 'Open'.

- Accept the 'Eula' Agreement :

- Click on "File" & select "Generic Image". Select the image in which you wanna hide the data & press "Ok".​
You see the 'Available space' under the description in right-bottom. The space mentioned there is the total amount of data you can store there. (As shown in highlighted blue in above figure)

Now, Click on 'Hide' option, & click on 'Hide Data'. Select the data you wanna hide & click 'OK"

Now, Click on 'Save' & give it some other name & store it on your hard-drive.

I have selected some files & embed in the image, naming it "Crazyengineers_hidefiles"
Now, How to extract the hidden data :
- Open the software "Steg" again.​
- Click on the "File", then select "Generic Image" : Select the image file in which you've hidden the data. (I will select "Crazyengineers_hidefiles.tif" here, as i have stores files in it)​
- Then click on "Extract" then "extract data". (Select the location where you wanna extract the data & click on 'ok'). Your hidden data will be obtained.​
Here's the screenshot of my hidden files in "Crazyengineers_hidefiles.tif"​

The circled files are the hidden files that I have extracted from image (i.e Crazyengineers_hidefiles.tif)

A side note : More the size of image, more data you'll be able to hide in it. So make sure that the image is very high-resolution. Around 4-5 MB is recommendable for big files.

Feel free to ask questions below. 👍

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Remember how each one of us sucked at spellings until the ego & dignity saving spell checks made it to the word processing software on computers? Well, did we not...
Hello Friends, I am planning to buy new bike and for that I have sorted out two bikes one is Hero Spelndor and another is Honda Shine. I have also...
The engineers at the Indian Institute Of Science at Bangalore and IIT Bombay have helped Rolls Royce develop a low-noise technology that helps the jet engines operate at lower noise...
Leaks are becoming so common that one day,the term 'release' will be replaced by 'leaks'. Nope, I ain't kidding. Recently, the leaked image of most anticipated Acer's tablet is plagued...
HI guyz...my C-CAT rank is 81. please suggest me the best institute i must go and also tell me about the placements and pg's near CDAC pune and banglore. please...