Hero Xtreme 2014 - Price, Specs, Release Date And More Unveiled At Launch

Hero Motorcorp has launched its latest 150cc motorcycle - the 2014 Hero Xtreme in India today. Available in four color options - Blue, Orange, White and Red, the Hero Xtreme 2014 is powered by a 149.2cc, air-cooled, 4 stroke SOHC engine. It was only last year, that Hero India launched the Xtreme Sports variant, which will go on sale later this year. The all-new Hero Xtreme 2014 comes in two variants - both have front disc (240mm) brakes, the difference is in rear drum brakes (130mm and 220mm). Mated to a 4 speed manual transmission, the Xtreme 2014 bike's engine delivers Max Power 10.6 KW (14.4 Ps) @ 8500 rpm and Max Torque 12.80 Nm @ 6500 rpm.

If you take a look at the motorcycle's specifications list, you will find a 57.3 x 57.8 mm Bore x Stroke and CV with CCVI Carburetor Controlled with Variable Ignition. The bike features Advanced Microprocessor Ignition System and supports self start as well as kick start. There's a multiplate wet clutch and tubular diamond type frame. Front suspension is telescopic hydraulic, whereas the rear suspension is rectangular swing arm with 5 step adjustable gas reservoir. The dimensions of the bike are as follows : Length - 2060mm, Width - 765mm, Height - 1145mm, Wheelbase - 1325 mm and Ground Clearance - 145 mm. The Hero Xtreme 2014 has a 12.1 litre fuel tank capacity and a Clear Lens, Multi Reflector Type lamp.

hero-xtreme-2014-1

Among the new features that the Hero Xtreme 2014 boasts off, there's new tail lamps with LED light guides, under seat mobile charger socket, dual finish sporty muffer, integrated digital console and engine immobilizer and a new visor with highbrow position lights. There's also a side stand indicator, alloy wheels as standard, under-seat mobile charger, wider rear tyre, dual tone silencer, and analogue+digital display.

Screen Shot 2014-04-22 at 1.56.06 PM
Hero has launched the bike in two trims - a front-only disc version and double disc brake (both front & rear), priced at Rs. 68,725 and Rs. 71,725 respectively (ex-showroom Pune). The official release date of the bike is today i.e. 22nd April, 2014 and the bike is available on sale at company's showrooms across the country.

How do you like the looks, features and specs of the new 2014 Hero Xtreme in India as against to its price? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging the people who might be interested in sharing their views on the newly launched bike in India
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    " The bike features
    Advanced
    Microprocessor Ignition
    System" Is this one related to earlier released fuel efficient start stop system?
    Hero has not done well in 150cc category because Bajaj and Yamaha were on roll with better bikes but we have to wait to see whether it was fit for race.
    My opinion: Dont like the front part especially dome but rest is well designed.Specs look decent and we have to wait to see tge winner.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good looking buy, but nothing that'd make me drool. I really want to see a bike that gives me stunning looks, comfortable ride and zero maintenance. However, disk brakes on both front and rear tyres is a good thing. Wondering how does this bike compare with the Pulsar 200NS.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    The bikes aerodynamic and Sporty design looks awesome as compared to regular Hero designs, mobile charging facility and
    wider tyres gives added advantage. I think Hero will capture market in the 150 CC category with Xtreme.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's great. Looks like the the Xtreme motorcycle is receiving quite neutral reviews from bike enthusiasts. 👀
    Looking forward to more comments from members.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Amendment: Its has 5 speed gear box.

With the above specification Hero moto corp tries to regain its slow moving 150 cc segment . Features like digital console are already available with other brands. It is going to be competing with much more popular Bajaj Pulsar 150 (which is still topping the chart)

P.S: Was expecting much more from HMC .
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Nothing much impressive. Looks okay, the wider rear tire is a good move. But I don't think with FZ and Pulsar-150, they have much of a chance. Price is appealing, but there are better things available in market. Mobile charger is good advantage, but the digital console looks a little weird. Having a ton of features makes things messy, but may be, it will work for Hero!
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    The mobile charger thing appeals to me. the body looks some what like CBZ. The headlights are somewhat like that of Discover
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You guessed it right. Earlier, the bike was known as 'CBZ Xtreme'.
    In this model the company has let go of the term 'CBZ'.

Overall, it seems to me that Honda took away the design and makeover team along with them 😁😁
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    #-Link-Snipped-# Do you think Hero can sustain in 150cc segment?

Honda has always been the best in terms of their bikes and performance.Hero's solo performance hadn't impressed the market a lot.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    That's a good question.

According to a report on Economic Times (if the numbers are to be believed), just an year after Hero MotoCorp and Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (HMSI) parted ways - Honda has beated Hero by a significant margin.

According to Siam (Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers) data,
    Hero’s sales in bikes with engine capacity between 125cc and 150cc declined by a steep 53% while HMSI’s volumes went up by 76%.

I think the top selling 150cc bikes in India so far are - Honda CB Unicorn, Bajaj Pulsar 150 DTSi, Suzuki GS150R and Honda CBR 150R.

Hero Xtreme has a lot to catch up to its competitors.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Fact is that, it's about the 'sides of the bike' that need to be appealing.

The CBZ Xtreme was a huge bike, and there's nothing crazy about it. Even the TVS Apache (which most people don't buy) looks much more aggressive that this variant.

Hero never really did anything to boost the styles. All the bikes look similar on the front. Why can't they come up with some innovative designs? Is there a rule to keep the front light as dumb-looking (from the side) as all other models? Wake up Hero!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I can't agree more with #-Link-Snipped-# It is high time that they bring innovative designs in budget motorcycles in India. Why are we still on the same-old same-old looks?
  • dhaval112
    dhaval112
    head cowl is badly designed. they stupidly reduced the wheelbase too.
  • jaison rebello
    jaison rebello
    Hmm nice article ...best thing wat i found in dis byk iz Charging port I needed This so badly coz i use my phone for Gmaps n navigation while city surfing n for long rides big problm was battry dieyin out in 2 -3 hrs n using power bank was painfull, Hope this trend continues with bikes with bigger Mills also . Abu d Byk not so gr8 1 in competion New rtr 160 white looks better ,gixxer n 200ns are far modern but definetely far better dan old CBZ with CHEEK Indicators Big masculine tank n monoshock could have been a welcome change though n u cannot call 110width tyres Wider ones headlight shud hv been more naked n agressive
  • soumya k dey
    soumya k dey
    Its only hero Xtreme.its grate bike,i bought o 7 jul alredy running 482 km.its so comfort,pickup,& tech spece
  • Bella Edward
    Bella Edward
    Quite good in performance but low mileage :/

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

https://www.ansys.com/staticassets/A...rticle/Top-of-the-Class-Academic-AA-V8-I1.pdf
A passionate, and occasionally crazy, engineer with experience and interests in electronics, IT, telecommunications and space technology - the latter rather out of date! My main passions at the moment...
I am a mechanical student . I have incredible interest in CAD, CAM. I tend to learn design softwares within jiffy . Automobiles and engines excite me. I am also...
Hi, my name is nav. I am based in Sydney Australia. I am studying a degree in electronics and communications engineering. I am keen on getting international experience particularly from...
hello this is deepak chandel doing BE in comp. science but little confusing about after bechlor that i want to go in the field of automobile so any conclusion about...