Hero Splendor iSmart Mileage Breaks Record With 102.5 Kmpl

...and the award for the world's most efficient motorcycle goes to - Hero Splendour iSmart. The latest bike from Hero Motocorp, Splendour iSmart's fuel efficiency was certified by the government's iCAT (International Centre for Automotive Technology). The iSmart ran for 102.5 kilometers with a litre of petrol breaking records. That number would surely please the 'Kitna Deti Hai' obsessed Indian two wheeler commuters. Hero MotoCorp expects that their bike will disrupt the two wheeler markets in India.

The title for the world's most fuel efficient bike was earlier claimed by Hero's rival Bajaj, with their Platina ES. Automakers have to mandatorily disclose the FE values as per the SIAM guidelines. The Splendor iSmart boasts a 97.2cc 4-stroke, air-cooled engine that delivers max power of 5.74 KW at 7500 rpm and 0.82 Kg-m at 4500 rpm. The bike also boasts kick and self start and the gearbox is 4-speed constant mesh type.

Hero-Splendor-iSmart-Mileage

The Splendor iSmart is priced at Rs. 47,250 (ex-showroom, Delhi) and the company is targeting the bike at the rural markets in India. Do let us know your thoughts on the bike and whether you think this bike will help drive Hero Motor's two wheeler sales.

Source: Hero Moto-Corp's Splendor iSmart: Most fuel-efficient in the world - The Economic Times

Replies

• Ananyaja Debadipta
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    This is an economy bike and designed to solve many issues in India.
  • crazygeek
    crazygeek
    I could say "Hero Honda Splendor" has a fascinating 20 years of two wheeler history which changed the face of biking and reached many bike lover in India since 1994. As of 2009, Splendor models were selling at a rate of one million per year (Source: Wikipedia). Happy to see Splendor model coming back as a complete fuel efficient bike. I grow and lived with this bike which has been part of my family, happy to see updates about new Splendor hitting the market and competing other models. Thanks for the info ~ Kaustubh Katdare.
  • Ananyaja Debadipta
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    New bike has no doubt good mileage with very low price, nice look and many more features but it is also needed to know its durability, performance and quality.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ananyaja
    New bike has no doubt good mileage with very low price, nice look and many more features but it is also needed to know its durability, performance and quality.
    I don't expect much from the bike over the current versions of Splendor. I think they're going to target the motorcycle to the rural markets where the mileage will be the USP of the bike.
  • Ananyaja Debadipta
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    I also wish durability which includes low maintenance cost and reliability over some years which will also be there to help rural sector. This will also be a hope to energy saving world.
  • abhay4428
    abhay4428
    i bought it.....in june 2015 and 1st servising is held.....but its milage is only 45km/l ....i cannot understand that the milage of 100cc byke is only 45 .....if have u any solution or suggestion plz forward to me

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Zaffingo is India's first and only online yearbook making website. This startup has designed the website and its various book templates and have also created various posters and videos as...
The Michigan Micro Mote (M^3) is arguably the world's smallest autonomous computer that can do a lot of stuff for its size. Result of about a decade of research and...
Developed and launched by Stanford University students in the year 2011, the photo messaging application Snapchat has been quick to rise to fame in the last couple of years. The...
hai all i completed the fabrication for the mechanically lpg gas cylinder drain monitor using springs and FESTO Round Cylinder DGS-16-25-P 9124 the indication is by the oil in the...
I've always wanted the Indian Government to come up with an emergency number that gives you access to all the services like Police, Fire, Ambulance etc. The TRAI (telecom regulatory...