Help with making a robot

I am a complete novice when it comes to making a robot, and there is a robot wars competition in my school i want to take part in.i want to use an old rc car as something to build the robot on.the car has no wheels whatsoever. Can someone please suggest of a way to make the car into a battlebot?and how do i attach the wheels to the car?also if i intend to attach something to the car for offence/defence will the car be able to run smoothly without a problem with the same battery?

Replies

• jigarmech
    jigarmech
    Agatha
    I am a complete novice when it comes to making a robot, and there is a robot wars competition in my school i want to take part in.i want to use an old rc car as something to build the robot on.the car has no wheels whatsoever. Can someone please suggest of a way to make the car into a battlebot?and how do i attach the wheels to the car?also if i intend to attach something to the car for offence/defence will the car be able to run smoothly without a problem with the same battery?
    use a plate in front of your rc car for defence purpose. Make your car as heavy as possible which helps to strengthen your car. For attacking purpose you can use fireworks(which sounds dangerous but i have seen use in this type of games, one of my friend used it and succeeded to blow some ones car).

A complete hack to win if the game isn't wireless.
    place cutter blades just like helicopter have on their top which is good in length. And try to cut their wire connection that supplies power or the one that supplies controlling.

And let me know if it is a wireless Game. Then we will think about it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want coupling based metrics for measuring the quality of software (project) uml diagrams
hi guys im vasanth im going to give my gre by next month could you plz suggest me how to prepare and what are the books i have to refer...
Good morning everyone! I'm Rajesh Kumar - a computer science engineer and your new friend here in CE family.
Just stumbled upon this video and think it's totally awesome! What do you think? - [video=youtube;vIJINiK9azc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIJINiK9azc&feature=player_embedded[/video]
This came to my knowledge just now. Still time left for any who want to attept the challenge: Thousands of Engineering Students Take the Knovel University Challenge Thousands of Engineering...