Help with making a device (cheap media hub)

Where would i start to create a cheap device that has a usb input and usb output, the device when plugged in a tv (that doesnt play video files from a plugged in usb) and another usb with a video file, plugged in the other side of the device, will allow the tv to read it and play the video file, just like how a media hub works. The device should be able to decode the video file and stream the output to the tv, since the tv doesnt support playing videos.
The tv i am using is a samsung hdtv lcd LN52A550P3F if your curious to know.

thanks

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Interesting project !

In short you want to make such a device in which we have to apply video file via USB and that device can play that file on TV right?
  • sneaky
    sneaky
    basically yes. Now i am probably aiming to watch some HD videos like 1080p, so i want the device to probably have an hdmi input, and a usb input, so i can attach a usb with a video file, and in the other side of the device, i will attach a hdmi cable, then connect the hdmi cable to the tv (maybe be better then having a usb output for HD purposes). The device may also require a power cable as decoding the video needs a lot of power, or maybe it can use the power from the tv through the cable if thats possible?

On success i really want the device to be the size of a large usb or a small external hard drive for easy portability.

Would you know where to start with this project?

I was thinking of basicallly modifying a small device that can play hd videos, by adding a hdmi input to it, or just starting from scratch.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    To start this project first have to collect all the data relevant to this concept. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Im using NOKIA 3100c, i stored lots of imp dates like b days of my frnds etc in my calender but through nokia pc suite i extracted the back up...
Hi Friends, I'm an electrical engineering graduate, planning to prepare for various Competitive electrical exams like NTPC, BHEL,NHPC, A.P.TRNSCO, A.P.GENCO, APCPDCL, etc... I'm looking for a good book(good author) which...
Is anyone tells me the product key of Auto CAD 2004😀
how we can solve numerical problems of physics betterly😀
Internet is the most easiest way to achieve information. But don't you think at every step somehow,internet itself serves to copyright infringement?😕