Help with altimeter build

Hello CEans!

I am working on making an altimeter with real time monitoring for an RC plane that goes up 150 feet.

As for my background, I have not done much with electronics but I do know a decent amount of programming.

I was looking at this BMP180 Barometric Pressure/Temperature/Altitude Sensor- 5V ready : ID 1603 : $9.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits but I am not entirely confident on what other parts I require in order to make everything work properly and then integrating it together. I imagine I also need some type of radio and some type of IDE for arduino programming? Also I believe I need a microcontroller with I2C?

I plan on using this to control my plane's motors: CopterControl / CC3D / Atom Hardware Setup — LibrePilot/OpenPilot Wiki 0.1.4 documentation, which has I2C so would that work?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In transmission line we are using only 3-phase ,what is the reason for not use 6-phase or 12-phase in transmit the power?
The name is in the news again, for its attractive electronic products line up and this time for a back to back launch of new smartphones. We are talking about...
I'm looking to convert html into pdf in my php code and have been trying my hand at various classes and services available. What I need to do is convert...
Pinch zoom is a key feature of mobile browsing, which allow you to to zoom in to read content and out to locate content within a page. I am trying...
Dear sir/Madam, I need to know the exact Quality Policy in a Simple way as i searched over internet and found out some points. But need more simple guidance for...