Help with 6 axis

Hello i need help to get this working if its possible, will try explain what i have come to.
I have 2 dc motors that I want to control six different axes,

if motor 1 spins right and motor 2 spins left then the first axle will rotate.

if motor 1 spins left and motor 2 spins right then the second axle will rotate.

if motor 1 is stoped and motor 2 spins right then the third axle will rotate.

if motor 1 is stoped and motor 2 spins left then the fourth axle will rotate.

if motor 1 spins left and motor 2 is stoped then the fifth axle will rotate.

if motor 1 spins right and motor 2 is stoped then the sixth axle will rotate.

Ok i hope someone understand this, this would work if i know how to build it, I have a couple of gears but its seems impossible.

Can anyone help me, show me or explain how exactly i can do or give me another teory to make this ?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Interesting! 😛 I'll move this to the Mechanical Section.

By 6 axis you only mean rotation among the x-y-z, and another 3 planes?

Usually, the term "6 axis" would mean rotational AND lateral motion on the x-y-z axes.
  • Clue144
    Clue144
    maybe i ment wrong, i have made a quick image

[​IMG]

those thick black lines are round tubes to spin ... my 6 axle
    and i whant to spin them one at the time with 2 dc motor if its possible
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, it is possible, but you'll need to use some complex gear configurations. Lets wait for the mechanical or robotic CEans to comment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a list of engineering conferences in year 2009 - Engineering Conferences Worldwide Upcoming events in Engineering and related fields
Okay, this idea just struck my mind and I guess someone could use it. I am not sure if it has been done. Create a snake robot, about 72 cm...
I am looking for a innovative subject for my mini project
CEans, We are glad to present the pre-release review of Ashish Jaiswal's True Dummy : The catch line of the book says: "A fable of existence" And it truly is...
CEans, CE brings crazy engineers from around the world together through the Internet. Now, we certainly don't want all our engineers to keep discussing the stuff through the forums. We...