Help understanding the Paypal API workflow

I have developed a freelancing website, where client can pay through paypal

but I am confused how to check client has paid for which job?

System is redirecting user to paypal interface where he pays and returns back, now to store payment transaction information I have implemented IPN

but How would i know client has paid for which job

for eg If I have following database schema for transaction

id, user_id, job_id, trans_id

How would I get job_id while saving transaction id?

is there any concept of custom fields?

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    You don't need a custom field. Map the job_id to corresponding order_id field from paypal.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    no anand, actually I have already found the solution

There is a custom parameter that you can pass to paypal while user checkout through paypal, On successful, payment, paypal will pass those custom parameters value through IPN notification

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are an entrepreneur or aspiring to become one, here's a book all of you should read : Dhandha: How Gujaratis Do Business (Flipkart Link) . I've been through...
HTC, the Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer, has brought its much talked about smartphone - the HTC One Max in India today. At the launch, the company has shared the details about...
i want to build a plc based tea maker and i was checking if i could get any circuit diagram about it
wants to develope a Telemanipulation system having capability to provide force feedback.the system should have a master and a slave.slave will follow the master's movement and master will feel the...
Taizhou Bridge in China is world's longest double span suspension bridge. The structural design of this bridge has won 2013 award for excellence in structural design. I checked the photos...