Help Required:Course Suggestions

Hi😀
I'm a 4th year student of B.E. Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering, I'm looking to take up some classes,the problem is I don't know what. could somebody give me suggestions on what the latest and best courses with good future scope are?!

some of the suggestions Ive already got are CCNA,Java,Oracle.etc. which is the best?!or is there something better??😕

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    First of all

What are your interests

Do you like programming or networking more?

Tell about some things you are aware of.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hi welcome to CE.

First think what are your interests!!

Software or learning languages is not only the future , there are many career options available.

So just check your self what are your interests then you can work on them.
  • crazy_amala
    crazy_amala
    Well. I'm in a state of confusion!!

firstly,i have interest in wireless communcations and I would like to get into that field, but what sort of courses can i take?

the other thing is that a lot of people were saying that programming has a lot of scope,and will be helpful.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Crazy_Amala, let's approach systematically towards displacing your confusion with a rock solid decision.

First of all, let me inform you - the going for extra courses isn't going to be incredibly useful in acquiring a job in a software company. That is because each company has its own projects and may require engineers who know the technology being used in those projects. You might be a JAVA expert but end up working on .Net, PERL, PYTHON etc.

That's why, which course is most important - cannot be answered very well. Each course has its own merits.

As you mentioned, your interest is primarily into wireless communications. Instead of opting for a course in computers, I'd advise you to pick up a course relevant to wireless communications (I'm sure CEans may have suggestions about various courses). You may also consider an option of going for higher education in wireless communication.

However, even before you step into higher education or other courses, I'd strongly advise you to be thorough with engineering course subjects and do a self study on topics associated with wireless communication. That's the most important step you should take in order to secure a job. Additional courses, higher education can be thought of later.

What do you think?
  • crazy_amala
    crazy_amala
    first off,thank you for helping!

As you suggested I'm going to do a self study and make myself thorough with what I've learnt so far.
    I have four months before i graduate,and I'm jobless now, so thats why i thought I'd make most of my time and join a class.

I'm not aware of the courses relevant to wireless communications😕
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    Hi

Don't join courses just because you are jobless. May i know your plan after graduation? (work or study more?)

Also, please let me know which college you are studying in.
  • crazy_amala
    crazy_amala
    as of now, am planning to work, will go for higher education after 2 years. Im studying in st josephs.
  • Pechu
    Pechu
    St.Josephs. Good college. You will be placed easily. CTS came for campus interview few days ago i guess. 😀

Well, you can join courses if you wish to. Join courses relevant to your field. As said earlier its good for you to join a course in Wireless communications. Google it up and find the right course for you.

And its a good idea to study after 2 years of work. 😀 Experience always matters..!
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    hey amala even i am from st.joseph's 😀
    and yeah CTS did come na?
    and i believe 290 students are placed as of now...
    and yeah 2 years of experience is surely good.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Folks, what do you think about this tire design:
If your are interested in Logo Quiz, visit my quiz blog
SMSONE is a good example to understand that innovation does not need lot of money, education and 'experience'. TechCrunch recently published about SMSONE. Following is the excerpt from the article...
Quick Heal CEan of the month November 2009 is... 😁CEan - mahesh_dahale😁 ​ CEan mahesh_dahale joined CE in September 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE. Mahesh has...
Official Announcement here: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/30491-cean-month-november-2009-a.html All discussions in this thread. 😁