Help regarding Interfaces and Abstract classes in Vb.net

Hi friends i want help regarding Interfaces and Abstract classes in Vb.net exact definition and difference of both with example.

Replies

• kanna.sridharan
    kanna.sridharan
    I'm learning VB as of now, but regarding your question, just check out this link is of any help to you, coz i cant understand:-

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • shiva kumar
    shiva kumar
    hi , there is very thin line separating interfaces from abstract classes.....Abstract classes are very abstract in true sense..that means...those classes contain very basic features of the classes that extend from them.So in a way abstract classes are only intended only to get rid of the duplicated code......
    While Interfaces,so called 100 % abstract classes as the name suggests they represent other face of the classes which implement them.....the main aim behind the concept of interfaces is to make a class avail the feature of polymorphic usage of OO language.....
    there are many differences b/w an interface and a class...like there can b only final constant variables in an interface while an abstract class can have variables of any type..........
  • mata
    mata
    Hi friends...........
    Thanks shiva. WILL U PLZ EXPLAIN IN DETAIL
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
    kanna.sridharan
    I'm learning VB as of now, but regarding your question, just check out this link is of any help to you, coz i cant understand:-

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks u i think it will help me a lot
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
    shiva kumar
    hi , there is very thin line separating interfaces from abstract classes.....Abstract classes are very abstract in true sense..that means...those classes contain very basic features of the classes that extend from them.So in a way abstract classes are only intended only to get rid of the duplicated code......
    While Interfaces,so called 100 % abstract classes as the name suggests they represent other face of the classes which implement them.....the main aim behind the concept of interfaces is to make a class avail the feature of polymorphic usage of OO language.....
    there are many differences b/w an interface and a class...like there can b only final constant variables in an interface while an abstract class can have variables of any type..........
    Thank u shiva that was really helpful in understanding

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi all can anybody tell me how to make use of mouse in c++ as i want to create some buttons that are clickable. i need it urgently
hi guys.. ever thought of self cooling engines like air cooled ones. even in the air cooled engines the percentage of heat dissipated by air is less...y dont we com...
India celebrates its 62[sup]nd[/sup] Independence day today [15[sup]th[/sup] August 2008 ] Here's wishing all our members from India a very HaPpy Independence Day! ​
hi buddies, Im n my pre final year. asked to do a min project. I hav an idea to find a cars number by using a camera and image processin...
anybody knows how to program PIC 16f84A to control multiple appliance like electric fan., tnx.,