HELP PLEASE!!!! Scrolling message

Hi guys... i need some major help.....I am carrying out this design using the Actel ProAsic3 FPGA. can you guysplease help me to implement a scrolling message display ....the words " run safe" for example should be displayed and scrolling. PLease help me.....it has to be done using VHDL.....i have no idea how to go about it and what the circuit should look like. THank you

ITS URGENT 😀

Replies

• Rifaa
    Rifaa
    Hey. I donno about how to go about it, but all I would first do is do a research in display driving technics and how to interface it with a PIC to display the message.
    about righting the program for the PIC, well I'm also learning it, it's a bit too early for me to teach it.
    My next option will be to google all info and read and read, it always helped.
    Cheers
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    If you are using Character LCD, you must know how to configure that LCD first. Then, you coding your FPGA.
    Normally it's fast learn through the example. I'm sure many example in PIC. For FPGA, I have ever done. It's more complicated to control the timing.
  • preeste
    preeste
    hey guys....thanks for the replies but it was not what i was looking for. maybe i was not articulate enough with my first post. i am using the actel proasic3 fpga and i want to display three various words on the lcd of the fpga when switches are pressed. For example 1. sw1 pressed - lcd displays "cat"
    2. sw2 pressed -lcd displays "dog
    3. sw 3 pressed -lcd displays "monkey"

i need to implement this using vhdl and really soon.......anyone who can help???

thanks 😀
  • preeste
    preeste
    i know that i should design a state machine, use a multiplexer. But what else and how do i interconnect them?HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    The connection is simple, just direct connection. Your VHDL depends on your skills. You may need design a timer also to control the LCD timing. See this ex. fpga4fun.com - Text LCD module

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Finally! Sprint has officially announced that the Palm Pre will be launching on June 6th for $200 after a $100 MIR and a two-year contract. You'll be able to purchase...
You've probably heard that keeping your refrigerator and freezer fully stocked is a simple way to keep them running efficiently. But what if you happen to lack for food, or...
exception handling and threading in java
Palm Pre will be released in USA on June 6[sup]th[/sup] for $199. Anyone's got a clue when will Palm Pre be launched in India and how much will it cost?...
I want to make hilbert of x(t)=(t^2)+1 (Or other) And I know x^(t)=1/ [FONT="]π[/FONT] [FONT="]∫(x(λ)/t-λ)dλ but I don't know how to change x(t) to x(λ) if any one can help...