devesh9749
devesh9749
Branch Unspecified
23 Feb 2008

Help Needed For Project: Solar Stirling Engine

hi everyone.. i am a 2nd yr. engg. student. i am making a solar stirling engine for my college project. actually i want to run a fan using solar powered stirling engine. i hav already made the stirling engine .the only problem that i am now facing is to concentrate the solar heat. i am thinking about using parabolic mirror to concentrate solar heat but since it concentrates along a focal line so i am unable to think how to use it. i also dont want to use any fluid as heat collector like water. can i heat a metal rod using a parabolic mirror and clamp it to the hot side of the engine .
avenir.jim

avenir.jim

Branch Unspecified
18 Nov 2008
your using parabolic mirror to concentrate the solar heat. so it concentrates along a focal line. some times you can heat a metal rod using a parabolic mirror and clamp. for more information visit the site Coal to Liquids - Gas to Liquids - Linc Energy - Fueling Our Future
antuntun

antuntun

Branch Unspecified
02 Apr 2009
hi, devesh9749, I am also a student and am working on a similar project (solar stirling) so I would like to know if You had found out the answer to your question regarding calculations or anything of practical importance as it would be very helpfull...Thank You

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.