Help me with ideas for doing innovative projects for disabled people?

Innovative projects of helping disabled people's 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hello #-Link-Snipped-# - Did you try finding any ideas on the Internet? Typically you should start by finding out what kind of help you wish to offer to disabled people. But before that - first narrow down your project domain to the kind of disability you wish to target. 

Have you given any thought to this? Let us know. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Much of the Indian population doesn’t have access to ambulance services. Some kind of bicycle powered system would greatly help bringing those needing medical help to the hospital.

I am aware that the user is not a handicapped person. The concept can trigger the development of self powered mobility devices.

Zambulance

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Much of the Indian population doesn’t have access to ambulance services. Some kind of bicycle powered system would greatly help bringing those needing medical help to the hospital.

I am aware that the user is not a handicapped person. The concept can trigger the development of self powered mobility devices.

Zambulance

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Interesting idea, #-Link-Snipped-# sir. I think a rural ambulance would definitely be an interesting project idea to work on. 

#-Link-Snipped-# - Let's say you are targeting people with limited visibility. You could develop -

Smart Walking Stick

A smart walking stick would not only help disabled people, but it could also be used by very old people who have lost the sense of direction. Here's a list of features it could have -

1. A sensor that vibrates based upon a potential threat around - an approaching vehicle or a pot hole.
    2. A GPS tracker that sends live location of the user to pre-defined numbers via a mobile application.
    3. An alarm and a light system for people around the person using the stick so that they're aware of their presence.
    4. You could mount a camera on the stick and help make real-time decision on whether there's an animal around or a human being. 

Wheelchair Controlled Using Eye Movements

#-Link-Snipped-#

Check out this old video shared by our CEan #-Link-Snipped-# . It should give you a good idea about working on your project.

I hope this helps. All the best! 

• SOUNDHER RAJAN S
    SOUNDHER RAJAN S

Thank you very much.@Kaustubh sir. I will work on it. 

• SOUNDHER RAJAN S
    SOUNDHER RAJAN S

Thank you sir,the idea of zambulance was interesting.thank you very much @Ramani sir for your idea. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Here is another idea:

At Texas A&M University a team of students has created a smart cane that can help visually impaired people to avoid obstacles. The Navigational & Object Visual Assistant (NOVA) is a prototype device that sends out ultrasonic signals in front of the user and vibrates when it detects something.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Looking for Software Course for Experience job...This is Subramanyam. I completed mca in 2016, Now i am looking for experience job for IT side. Please suggest me which course is...
Hello, I want to build an application that can make payments.The idea is that the merchant and user both should have an account, the merchant can receive payment from the...
I am B tech final year student. I would like to do a project on environmental engineering. I would like to focus on waste water treatment or any other kinds...
I came across this topic last day. Can this be used as a final year project?
WhatsApp has opened up their business API and is now accepting application. Some of the people on social media are talking about their pricing plans. From what I've learned so...