Help me start a business

Hey CEans,

For all you budding entrepreneurs, I'm throwing a gauntlet here. Let us assume that I'm a venture capitalist. I'm riding on about $1 million (appx 5 crores INR) spare lying with me. I have decided that I'm gonna invest it in a new business. I dont want established player because I know they are no good. So I'm gonna give the money to 'You' ๐Ÿ˜ (PS: This is hypothetical situation ok?)

Now you are going to tell me what business are you going to start? why? How will you go about earning profits? What do I get? And why should I give the money to only 'you'?

You know the tough economic situation. You know it is hard to find business out there. Consider this and suggest a business plan. May the best man/woman win!

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, contribute to the "Ash Engineering Investment Fund". I'll make use of that $1 mil ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm working on a new plan regarding nano satellites. Requires minimal facilities and minimal manpower. But the products are highly specialized targeting educational/research institutes, governments and even telecom companies.

These are much cheaper than the micro satellites. So, the incentives of nano satellites are low cost and faster development ๐Ÿ˜€ Quite relevant with the tough economic conditions.

And what do you get? Ah.. can a CE T-shirt do? They are priceless! ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Hey? No business man here? C'mon guys. Help me pay you the $ 1 Million.

PS: Ash can you explain me more about nano satellites?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey, I posted that at the CE conference! ๐Ÿ˜›

The satellites are called "CubeSats", and their sizes are 10 x 10 x 10cm (for one unit). You can still fit advanced sensors in it. The small profile also allows the rocket to launch it be low cost, since you can launch many CubeSats at one go.

If things go well, one CubeSat can be sold commercially for $100,000. But depending on the mission objectives, it could be lower at $10,000.

For the CubeSat I'm working with, the whole group only has $6000 budget for development. Its not enough for a space capable satellite, but we are only doing a low altitude technology demonstrator and experimental imaging analysis.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Hey give me $1 million dollars, I will make my dream come true. ๐Ÿ˜€

I will promise you to give you atleast 1% profit 1 year, 5% profit next year, .........continue with increment by 5 every year,and atlast almost 10 times of your given money after 20 years.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Good we have got two entrepreneurs already.

Why not Shalini? Can you share your plan in more detail? And are you sure you will be able to provide us with 'that' sort of return?
  • Differential
    Differential
    I would find a good location in a city or on Pune-Mumbai mega-highway and start hotel there in a budget provided by you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Big K's totally unnecessary $0.02: I feel like 1999. VCs willing to throw money and not finding enough businesses.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    *bump*

Not enough takers for $1 million? Only three ideas here. Whats up guys?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    mayurpathak
    Good we have got two entrepreneurs already.

Why not Shalini? Can you share your plan in more detail? And are you sure you will be able to provide us with 'that' sort of return?
    I am not sure whether I will be able to give that much return because have 0 years experience in business but have confidence on me.๐Ÿ˜‰. Also even if I would not be able to give the returns, I will pay back your whole money with interest in a year. Will that work?

Well,Right now I am too new to start a business but if I come to you after few years with my plan, will you give me this much money? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Differential
    Differential
    I would go for starting a small scale people transport company. It will provide tempo vehicles on rent (tour, school trips,etc)
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Differential
    I would go for starting a small scale people transport company. It will provide tempo vehicles on rent (tour, school trips,etc)
    Differential don't you think $1 million is too much for this small business? What will you do with the rest of money hmmm?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Give me the money and I will double it for you in a day.
    You see I am very lucky and usually get a good hand at poker and black jack. Even if I don't I am good at bluffing and winning the game with some hidden tricks up my sleeves. Am learning bridge also.
    Give me two days and I will increase your money 4 times. then you can pay 1/4 to Ash for the nano-satellites, 1/4 to differential for the transport corporation, 1/4 to Shalini and 1/4 to me(I will not disclose my idea now but after some posts)
  • babearn
    babearn
    Hi
    This Baba
    I have 1 year experience in trading stock market.

I do daytrading. My profit target mi10 K per day
    with min 5 laks capital.
    I dont want 1 million.

Thanks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    babearn
    Hi
    This Baba
    I have 1 year experience in trading stock market.

I do daytrading. My profit target mi10 K per day
    with min 5 laks capital.
    I dont want 1 million.

Thanks
    What currency do you use? USD/SGD/Taka or what?
  • Differential
    Differential
    shalini_goel14
    Differential don't you think $1 million is too much for this small business? What will you do with the rest of money hmmm?

Well, I don't think the money is too much for this idea! I need to purchase vehicles which would eat major part of the capital(around 90%).

ALso, I assume the currency is INR. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Differential
    Well, I don't think the money is too much for this idea! I need to purchase vehicles which would eat major part of the capital(around 90%).

ALso, I assume the currency is INR. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Its USD 1 million. Mayur mentioned it.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    The_Big_K
    Its USD 1 million. Mayur mentioned it.
    That is right ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can anyone give me a brief description about IPv6
sir im a 3rd year student of elecronics & communication engineering , what is the procedure for applying for summer internship in reputed companies like TI etc. what is the...
Dear All, I am an electrical engineer by profession. Proud to be to solve the problems to the extent I can help. cheers ๐Ÿ˜
I would like to know that which is anti-corrosive element in mild steel. What i can do to prevent mild steel from rust (corrosion) in mainly monsoon season ?
I can't take this any longer. 1200 civilians killed. 400 of them children. They are even using them as a testing ground for experimental weapons. This is massacre!!! You don't...