Help me select a microcontroller for my project

Hi....
I am thinking about doing project on microcontroller application. But I could not realize which uC is good one for my project.. whether it will be 8051 or 68HC11 or PIC.
Can anybody inform me what are the differences between these?
Thank you.

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Re: Microcontroller

Google jindabad!!!!!!!!11

Go to each makers website and read, compare YOUR requirements and choose accordingly. You did not EVEN mention what your project is about!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Well, it is best of you'd tell us what your project is ๐Ÿ˜‰

xheavenlyx, "jindabad"? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

ash
    Well, it is best of you'd tell us what your project is ๐Ÿ˜‰

xheavenlyx, "jindabad"? ๐Ÿ˜•
    He's a maverick in the system. ๐Ÿ˜

Yep, please provide details about your project. I'm thinking of a template ( ehh ๐Ÿ˜” ) for submitting requests or posting questions ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx

Biggie we had been asking for a template for a long time now. If not voicing our openions you can get the vibes!! ๐Ÿ˜€

If you ask, I could make one, and others can improve it. Or if you wanna make it, its your choice, you are like the manager ๐Ÿ˜€

And Jindabad, is for Google, meaning in literal translation "Long live". I.E:

Google Jinda-abad: google-google; Jinda-Live; Abad-Forever.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

xheavenlyx
    Biggie we had been asking for a template for a long time now. If not voicing our openions you can get the vibes!! ๐Ÿ˜€

If you ask, I could make one, and others can improve it. Or if you wanna make it, its your choice, you are like the manager ๐Ÿ˜€

And Jindabad, is for Google, meaning in literal translation "Long live". I.E:

Google Jinda-abad: google-google; Jinda-Live; Abad-Forever.
    Don't call me 'Manager' ๐Ÿ˜”

You see, I've a role to play on CE so that CE continues to live. ๐Ÿ˜€ It does not make a difference who makes the template.

Please do the honor!

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

Hope the template is working out well! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Since we are talking about Microcontrollers here (and while we wait for pradeep to reply), have any of you ordered samples from semiconductor companies? My samples from Microchip just arrived yesterday. Can't wait to test them!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx

Here I have completed the Guide to asking Q. Any comments welcome there.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • T-catTomorrow
    T-catTomorrow

Look at all the microcontroller vendors,for their selection guides, and more importantly their application notes/reference designs. If they have reference designs close to your application, that can help get you started.

has courses, white papers, and reference designs, all for free. Check out the free online course. There are some tips for selecting a microcontroller on there.
  • Freelancers.SE
    Freelancers.SE

HI , talking about the Microcontroller or micropross u need at list a kit that mean tester , to test your application beford and how to see how you communicat with one of them , you are talking about motorolla hc11 i think personaly its wonderfull piece but it cost for making a project if you compare it to pic 16f .
  • leon20008
    leon20008
    #-Link-Snipped-#

This must be of some help ๐Ÿ˜€
  • rushi53
    rushi53
    mrpradeep.ele
    Hi....
    I am thinking about doing project on microcontroller application. But I could not realize which uC is good one for my project.. whether it will be 8051 or 68HC11 or PIC.
    Can anybody inform me what are the differences between these?
    Thank you.

For beginners, 8051 is good
    later on u can switch to other options

--------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Rushikesh
    Microtronics Technologies - Projects of 8051 AVR PIC Arduino & Raspberry Pi
  • saurabh2486
    saurabh2486
    u can also use 8951 but i guess its almost similar to 8951 hahahaha

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

using bluetooth, information can be exchanged b/w 2 mobile devices free of cost....how about developing something similar so that we can talk with friends free of cost within the campus...
How could we miss out on this? ๐Ÿ˜› Many Happy Returns of the day to Ash! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Ash chose to hide his birthday (13th September) ! May your dreams come...
CEans, Just finished reading this wonderful book on the man behind iMac, iPod and the iPhone - Steve Jobs. Posting my brief review of the book by Jeffery S Young...
First off, i think i've found a perfectly good theory 4 improvin tyres... i've got a cool aluminum bike and can make the dirt swing and black carbon marks on...
Hi friends....how are u all.. actually i have a problem which i wnt to discuss here..... whenever i type orkut in my web browser...it displays a dialog box with message......