Help me select a digi-cam

hi.. friends...
this is priyank... I want to buy one Digi cam...
My budget is around 9000-10000rs.. ๐Ÿ˜’

I have seen Sony S190... with 12mp..

I m so confuse...๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
Which cam should i buy ?
plz suggests me.....

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Re: plz help me about digi cam....

Hi Priyank,

Firsty it depends for what purpose you are planning to buy a camera.
    If you are a amateur interested in photography opt for a SLR camera.
    Instead you are a novice then you can always go for DSLR but the prices are quite high for these ones.

if its a general purpose camera, which doesnot need more than 4x zoom you can always settle for a lower one and as well if you are more of night crawler then you would need a camera which woudl reduce red eye effects and stuff.

From interent I found this site where you can compare prices
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Dude, don't fall for the 'megapixel' trap! Most people think that more the megapixel their camera has, the better is the picture quality!

That's WRONG!

Megapixel only ensures how 'big' your picture will be. You should be very fine with 5 - 8 megapixel camera. If you want to have better picture quality, you need to understand and master the camera & light settings ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm a big fan of CANON ๐Ÿ˜. I haven't used SLR yet. However, if any SLR model fits your budget, go for it!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain

The_Big_K
    Dude, don't fall for the 'megapixel' trap! Most people think that more the megapixel their camera has, the better is the picture quality!

That's WRONG!

Megapixel only ensures how 'big' your picture will be. You should be very fine with 5 - 8 megapixel camera. If you want to have better picture quality, you need to understand and master the camera & light settings ๐Ÿ˜€
    Very true biggi !!!

Mega pixels only ensures that you can cover much more pixels in your snap and the size of the snap would be much more bigger. Say, if you would click a photo on 12 MP the size of the photo would be more than 5 MB, and no one wants to keep the that much bulky image.

The_Big_K
    I'm a big fan of CANON ๐Ÿ˜. I haven't used SLR yet. However, if any SLR model fits your budget, go for it!
    First decide your requirement, if you want to use it for parties, go for point and shoot (compact cameras), I beleive Sony and canon are best in this buiness. among these two If you wanna go for sleak one, go for SONY otherwise Canon is my preference (Battery backup and picture quality).

If you want to use camera for professional photography go for digital SLR's but let me assure you cheapest and worth DSLR would cost you more then 20 K bucks INR(Nikon D40).

I have a whole armory of camera (SONY - compact, Canon- compact, Nikon-DSLR) do post, if you have ay specific query.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear, give me proper meaning of IC-AT89S8252 that is used in automatic college bell.and give me coding source for college bell.
Hello friends, I have an idea of doing a project in VB,but to be frank i am just going to start to learn VB,can anybody suggest me any simple project...
I am a new user Needed some help and metirial according to my Final year project in Telecom Field GSM, or like in rebotic field We are a group of...
please tell me about electronics speed control devices for DC motors especially using thyristor thanks
For me, I love place which is silent but also little nosiy ( probability of me dozing off anywhere anytime are always high!) home not a good option as I...