Help Me in my Robotics Project

Greeting Fellow Crazy Engineers,

Myself Adil from Kerala,Indial.Final year mechanical engineering student. Myself and 4 others have ventured to do a robotics project

The concept is simple fix a wireless camera to the robot which gives a live feed to a java program and to control the robot movement using the keyboard.

We intend to make a robot around 760mm high and 40mm in dia.Its in the form of a cylinder.It weighs around 3 kg. its a three wheeled robot wid seperate drives to the back two wheels and a free to rotate front wheel.Rotation of robot is controlled by rotating the back two wheels at different speeds

THE PROBLEM : could u please suggest what type of motor to use. We used small DC motors in our small projects. But given its weight wat motor i should use. Also please suggest a way in which i can connect the motor to the wheels so that load is less on motor shaft.

Also how do i calculate the torque required as in for the weight of my robot

Replies

• adil.eshack
    adil.eshack

Myself Adil from Kerala,Indial.Final year mechanical engineering student. Myself and 4 others have ventured to do a robotics project

The concept is simple fix a wireless camera to the robot which gives a live feed to a java program and to control the robot movement using the keyboard.

We intend to make a robot around 760mm high and 40mm in dia.Its in the form of a cylinder.It weighs around 3 kg. its a three wheeled robot wid seperate drives to the back two wheels and a free to rotate front wheel.Rotation of robot is controlled by rotating the back two wheels at different speeds

THE PROBLEM : could u please suggest what type of motor to use. We used small DC motors in our small projects. But given its weight wat motor i should use. Also please suggest a way in which i can connect the motor to the wheels so that load is less on motor shaft.
  • adil.eshack
    adil.eshack

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Eek, you've posted everywhere! I've moved this to Project Ideas forum, since we have many robotic related discussions here. Please wait for other CEans to reply 😀
  • ranvir1986
    ranvir1986
    the torque required also depends upon the diameter of the wheels. Smaller wheels require lesser motive force. Do connect the motor straight to the wheels. Use a gear system. The motor used for Vipers in cars is a very powerful yet compact motor. U can also get servo motors that give you as much as 2 kg-m of torque and are very light and run on 6v circuit.
  • akkumon
    akkumon
    I consider you to use stepper motor because using it you can precisly control the movement.
  • pranayagarwal
    pranayagarwal
    helloo..may u help me in leading forward for this project (matlab controlled robot used for robo soccer). i have basic idea of matlab ,image processing .
  • sasha.pinoyako
    sasha.pinoyako
    heeyy. guys. sasha here. from Philippines. a junior student. can you guys give me some ideas regarding our investigatory project in physical science? our group thinks that robotics is a good one but we dont have any idea about it honestly. thanks😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys ,i want some good study material on HVDC tranmission- mention some sites.
i want a technically good seminar topic that is good one for presentation in college. reply me plz
Hi all, I have just released a new online Video guide called "The BurchED Getting Started with Xilinx FPGAs Video Guide" https://www.BurchED.com It is an easy step-by-step guide for FPGA...
Greeting Fellow Crazy Engineers, Myself Adil from Kerala,Indial.Final year mechanical engineering student. Myself and 4 others have ventured to do a robotics project The concept is simple fix a wireless...
Greeting Fellow Crazy Engineers, Myself Adil from Kerala,Indial.Final year mechanical engineering student. Myself and 4 others have ventured to do a robotics project The concept is simple fix a wireless...