Help Learning C Language For Campus Selection

Hello, I wish to learn C programming language for campus selection. My problem is that I'm from Industrial engineering background with very limited exposure to computer and programming.

Replies

• Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    anytime.. ๐Ÿ˜€
    we love to help here!!
    Show your interest and we'll definitely help you!
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    hey vishal i m pursuing my graduation with production engg.. thts y i dont hve any knowledge in any programming language. can u help me to learn the fundamental of c bcoz its required in tcs campus nxt month...
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    sure! what do you want me to do? I'll 1st suggest you to buy a C programming book. And try to get loaded with the syntax's and commonly used header files and functions like printf() , scanf() , loop controllers as these are must for technical interviews. We are always here to help you if you get doubts in programming.
    and do you have a good environment to practice C codes?
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    don't buy books, if you want to purchase a book for 'C', then purchase the one who created it. Go to online forums and tutorials, post your questions in this community and in stack overflow.
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    i dont h
    Vishal0203
    sure! what do you want me to do? I'll 1st suggest you to buy a C programming book. And try to get loaded with the syntax's and commonly used header files and functions like printf() , scanf() , loop controllers as these are must for technical interviews. We are always here to help you if you get doubts in programming.
    and do you have a good environment to practice C codes?
    i dont hv any envoirnment to practice and i also dont knw any little thing in thts..?
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    rk rao
    don't buy books, if you want to purchase a book for 'C', then purchase the one who created it. Go to online forums and tutorials, post your questions in this community and in stack overflow.
    yes rao actually i try to read kanitker's c book bt i dont get anything..
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    Engg.Dee

throw that book into dustbin, LET US C, worst book.

Purchase DENNIS RITCHIE.

and go to FORUMS
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    kanitker's books are too advanced!! you no build up your basics first. I even agree with Mr. rk rao but books are the first friends so try to get a basic book and learn a little bit of programming. For your doubts in programs I'm there to help you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here's one of the book I'l prefer for you.
    Programming In ANSI C By Balguruswamy

Buy it!! I'll be waiting for your doubts.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    LET US C, worst book.
    well, I found that book useful for hardware programming and graphics ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here's your programming environment. download it!
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    ok i will try with DENNIS RITCHIE.......thanks for suggestion
  • rk rao
    rk rao
    Vishal0203
    kanitker's books are too advanced!! you no build up your basics first. I even agree with Mr. rk rao but books are the first friends so try to get a basic book and learn a little bit of programming. For your doubts in programs I'm there to help you. ๐Ÿ˜€

Here's one of the book I'l prefer for you.
    Programming In ANSI C By Balguruswamy

Buy it!! I'll be waiting for your doubts.. ๐Ÿ˜€

even worser.

search for tutorials by either norman matloff

or herbert schildt.

Even timothy a budd's tutorial are there.

search for online tutorials more.

if you want to practice, then go to the website of Zed A Shaw.

He has uploaded the 'C' session, where you would practice side by side.
  • Engg.Dee
    Engg.Dee
    ok i will them too...
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    even worser.

well I dint say that its the best ๐Ÿ˜จ
    but for now as he wants to start off with basics, better have a look at that!
    the foreign writers herbert schidt is great but his books are far too advanced to be understood by starter..
  • 123_neha
    123_neha
    first you can go for balguruswami. it is good one to start with and try to practice yourself

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

heya each n every lovely CEans out dere...grt to b a part of dis very section... m an aspiring engineer...gud to b here as a CEan too...hope to hear nyc...
Name:NARENDER KUMAR *Engineering Trade:INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Location:CHANDIGARH *Occupation:STUDENT :7th SEM IT Work Experience: *Hobbies & Interests: SURFING,BASKETBALL,EDITING PHOTO'S. *Aim in life:TO BE BEST IN MY SIDE *I joined CrazyEngineers because: I...
"ICAER '12" a Student Conference titled 'IEEE Student Conference on Cognizance of Applied Engineering & Research', is organized by IEEE Student Branch of University Institute of Engineering & Technology (UIET),...
how we get positve and negative supply,when generator rotates? pls clear my question
good eve folks...today our leader came up on the idea on what project we will construct..we are thinking on creating a a V.0.M(multitester)...but it is in mini-version and can introduce...