help in design of biomass gasifier

If a Biomass is heated to about 300 degree celcius, it pyrolyses.
Can somebody make a closed chamber which is filled with biomass and heated from outside?

The gas that this system generates is passed through water. the tar will condense out of the water and the gas without tar.
the tar can be collected in a gas collector. Suggest a design which serves the above purpose.
prototype to work as a batch process.

We can collect some data of how much of gas, tar and charcoal can be obtained per unit of biomass.

Please suggest a design..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Post moved to mechanical engineering section.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Swapnil,
    Perhaps you want to design a biomass boiler ๐Ÿ˜ You will have to take into account the metallurgical factors and temperature in mind. As you have clearly specified in your problem, the process involves chemical reaction. ๐Ÿ˜€

I think this paper should help. #-Link-Snipped-# ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a B.E computer student. I'm planning to develop mobile app as my final year project...will it do? do you have any better ideas...please suggest some innovative ideas ๐Ÿ˜•
Hii , i did my summer training at railway workshop . Now i want a project report . Can anyone please help me . Anything regarding maintenance or poh of...
What are the uses of website design? please help
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I can not edit my pdf files. tell me some editior so that i can edit my files, create a singl pdf file from multipl files, to convert word...
hi i m a student of computer engineering ..i need help in my minor project plz help...