Help! In a fix! | Snapdeal.com issues!

Hi Guys. I am in a fix. I just ordered a Canon 50mm F1.8 II lens from the Snapdeal.com android app on my Galaxy S3 mini at about 4pm IST today for Rs6930 (Cash On Delivery). At that time I did not receive any SMS/E-mail alert regarding my order unlike the previous orders I've made.

I thought it was an error with the app and reordered from the online website after 10 minutes as I could not find any details of the first order anywhere in my account.

To my bad luck this second order also did not show up on 'My Orders' list in 'My account' on Snapdeal.com.

I then called the customer care of Snapdeal.com and was told that the site is under repairs. I was also informed that I had placed two orders of the same product! I took the order numbers that I did not note down earlier (as I was obviously expecting a mail/SMS) and requested them to cancel one product and put the entire process on hold until I received the details on my account. The representative said he'd assist me and also said I'd get a verification call from their 'system' after which I could confirm the cancellation of one purchase.

I did not stop there. I logged in and emailed a cancellation request, twice, to Snapdeal.com. I called two more times to the customer care and requested both times for cancellation and also told them that I didn't receive any verification call from them. I also specifically mentioned that I do not want to receive the same product twice! It was a different representative who answered the phone each time.

Needless to say, the site got ready by that time, and I received the status of product as 'In Progress' on the site. I also received that pending SMS and e-mail notification for both the products.

Long story short - after 5 calls to the customer care number (i.e within 45 minutes of ordering the product), I was given a conclusion that both the orders are ready for dispatch and can't be cancelled at this moment. I was also told by two representatives (whom i called one after theother) that I could pay for one product and 'simply-return-the-other-one' with the courier delivery man saying that
I already 'have-this-product' and I did not want it and the delivery man would take it back 'without-asking-any-questions'.

The first lady rep told me that it was 'perfectly-normal' and 'assured' me there won't be issues. However she told me her name but was not ready to send me an e-mail stating this. The second guy rep told me that he was assisting me with 'proper-information-as-per-snapdeal.com' and this was the solution.

What should I do to address this situation?

P.S: I'm also looking for a second buyer who can help me out.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Such poor customer service! Any e-commerce site is supposed to have a really strong customer care system. 😨

I bought a weighing scale from SnapDeal a couple of weeks back and it came alright and on time. Some people told me that this was a bold move as they have had negative experiences in the past.

I think you should trust them and return the product. The best way in most of these cases is to opt for cash-on-delivery.
    I believe you did online payment, right?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    Such poor customer service! Any e-commerce site is supposed to have a really strong customer care system. 😨

I bought a weighing scale from SnapDeal a couple of weeks back and it came alright and on time. Some people told me that this was a bold move as they have had negative experiences in the past.

I think you should trust them and return the product. The best way in most of these cases is to opt for cash-on-delivery.
    I believe you did online payment, right?
    I did Cash on Delivery as mentioned on previous post. This is the first negative experience after about 6 or 7 good experiences with Snapdeal.com
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Oh! If you have opted for cash on delivery, you have no reason to worry. You just simply don't pay for the second device. No worries at all! 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've already had a bad experience with Snapdeal and decided that I'll never buy from them. In your case, you did the right thing. Just accept what you order and reject the other order. Snapdeal should be perfectly okay with that; because the error was from their side.

I like what Flipkart does to control this. They get each order verified from a personnel. We recently ordered 2 Moto Gs and the Flipkart guy was quick to call and confirm whether we ordered to phones by mistake.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Flipkart's Purchase confirmation call is one of the best service for product booking confirmation in which customer has to say 'HAAN' to confirm its booking if you'v made a similar booking by-mistakenly u can reject it by simply saying 'NAA' which cancel your order. the processing starts immediately after the call & its status can be checked.
    Flipkart has been continuously working on customer friendly tricks as compared to other eCommerce sites.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Snapdeal has worst customer service. Once I ordered a wifi adapter, which I found not compatible / having some conflict with my system. I asked them to return it or replace with different product but they didn't listen.
    They surely list some cheaper product and mislead by giving unbelievable discount on sold out products.
    Me too, never going to buy from SnapDeal, no matter what is the deal.
    Better go with Ebay.in, from ebay gaurantee seller has to replace a product or refund within 30 days.
    As far concerned about Flipkart, there is no issue till date, except one late delivery by 3 days.

What about review of Amazon.in, I see there are around 6% less price than Flipkart for some deals, from trusted dealers like Zoomin?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Guys, you won't believe this. Those e-mails and my posts on facebook and CE worked! I just got the confirmation that my second order got cancelled. Got the mail, sms and also confirmed it on my account. Wohooo!

Here's what the mail said:

Dear Anoop Mathew ,

You are receiving this notification because one or
    more items in your order 17xxxxxx666 have been
    cancelled. We at Snapdeal deeply regret the
    inconvenience caused to a valued customer like you,
    and extend our heartfelt apologies.

P.S.: I think someone from Snapdeal.com uses CE very often.
  • satyajit rules
    satyajit rules
    Recently i have ordered a product..due to problem in product i mailed them for cancellation..but had to mail them many a times for the refund as they didnt respond..
    then 2 days back i called their representative.. they said that u have been refunded on 17 th feb.. it was really annoying as i dint get any refund in my account..i send my account statement..then they refunded me..from cancellation to refunding my money , it took around 1 month..

there also different rep u call each time.. so u have to explain the whole thing again.. they should assign a fix rep for a particular customer .. each time that rep should attend the call..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dukto is an opensource tool which will help user to transfer files within servers & clients without configuring anything via LAN. Compile it yourself, source code : https://code.google.com/p/dukto/source/browse/ Installables :...
In this e-world, everyone wants to secure their electronic devices such as smartphones or tablets and want to remain uninfected by viruses and malware. For this purpose we have mobile...
Sony has today launched its mid-budget Android smartphone called the 'Sony Xperia E1' along with its dual-sim variant - 'Sony Xperia E1 Dual' in India. Both the phones have the...
I just had a call with a friend enquiring where he was for a long time. What he said was shocking and I really didn't know how to react or...
Roku, the maker of popular set-top boxes, has officially launched an updated version of its Streaming Stick clearly aiming to take on its potential rival Google's Chromecast. It is a...