[Help] I need some suggestion/advice regarding my project.

Hi there,
I'm doing final year on mechanical engineering and my project team was decided to make a Bullet proof jacket with a composite material.
Before that i/we need some suggestions regarding making a bullet proof jacket. Just suggest/advice me about the bullet proof jackets made by carbonfiber (that already exists) and kevlar(that too already exists) i.e., what type of test should be made? What are the requirements of a bullet proof jacket? etc., and also i need to know that carbonfiber and carbon nano tube. Both are same?

Replies

• sumit468
    sumit468
    DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CARBON NANO TUBE AND CARBONFIBER

This is a question of size. Carbon nanotubes can be single-walled, but also multi-walled, but are those having the lowest diameter and the most defectless structure. Carbon nanofibres are much bigger, thus sometimes loose the concentrical structure, and also they can have a number of defects which are mostly absent from nanotubes. Hence the outstanding mechanical properties of nanotubes, especially the single-walled ones. Carbon fibres are even bigger (diameters of a few microns), are thus more disordered, less oriented, with more defects, etc., hence their lower mechanical properties (which can remain quite high though).
  • sumit468
    sumit468
    HI SURFUDIN
    Bullet-proof vests
    contain many layers of tightly-woven fabric such as Kevlar (or hard, strong materials such as ceramic or titanium) which can stop the metal pistol or revolver bullets or metal shell fragments from going into a person's body.
  • sumit468
    sumit468
    HI SURFUDIN
    please go through this link for more details.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A research team from the Computational Biology department of Carnegie Mellon University have developed a machine-learning based experimental set up for analysing the effects of drugs on protein patterns. The...
Home-spawned smartphone manufacturer Lava has unveiled three budget handsets A71, A88 and X11 in India. All the phones are priced under 8k; A71 at Rs. 6,499, A88 at Rs. 5,499,...
I am a fresher and I am searching job , I attend 10 to 12 interview but i am unable to get a job so what sho
I've been hearing of the groundbreaking discovery and proof of the gravitational waves that Einstein had proposed long ago. I've absolutely no clue what these waves are and if anyone...
I have been working in PHP mainly magento for last 5+ years. I want to move futher in career. what should i do? what new skill i can learn? i...