Help for an Undergraduate Design Team

Hi,
I am a student in Mechanical Engineering. I am on a senior design team to design and manufacture a vertical axis wind turbine. We have recently run into a lot of problems, though. We are having trouble figuring out how we are going to manufacture our blades, and no one at our university has any experience with geometry like this.
Additionally, the VAWT we originally found (we want to redesign the blades and test the original against our design) could not be shipped to us for one reason or another.

Basically, right now, we have no generator and aren't sure how we are going to make the blades. Our mentor has suggested redesigning our entire project, but we would like to make every last effort to find help so we can create the turbine we designed.

Our design has blades which are 1m tall, an OD of 1.5m, a sweep angle of 60 degrees, and a NACA 4412 airfoil.
Can anyone give us any help at all? Any references or examples of small scale production of fiberglass helical VAWT blades would be great!
We would especially love to talk to anyone that has done this before!!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Which came first to exist?The egg or The Chicken? I hope to read some funny explanations..
Every entrepreneur realizes that he/she should be spending more time on productive and more important things. But almost every day, they end up spending time which are trivial and more...
Latest reports from TRAI show that over 1.7 million subscribers in India (GSM+CDMA) have opted for MNP (mobile number portability) within just few weeks after launch. Over 229k requests were...
YaY! CrazyEngineers came up with a good interview with one of our CE - Ace, He is CEan - madhumurundi 😀 who has contributed about 300+ valuable posts to CE....
Hello Ceans, As Many of you know that we had already started Cricket Fantasy League Here on CE named CCFL. now Me and our Cean Mayur Pathak has started the...