Help!: Drives open in new windows and hidden files are not shown

I dont know what happend..Suddenly my system settings are changed. In "My computer" the drives are opening in an seperate windows.. and the hidden files are not showing.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS.......THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY....

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Re: Urgent help needed..!

Hi sahithi pallavi,

Have you checked the settings once in File menu -> Tools -> Folder Options ? If the settings are fine there, then may be your computer is infected. Please check the settings once and let us know.

Thanks !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My Computer > Tools > Folder options > Under 'Browse Folders' > Select > Open Each Folder in the Same Windows

To me, it looks like a Malware problem. Try downloading the free version from: #-Link-Snipped-# and scan your computer. Remove anything that's objectionable. There must be some freaking .exe file that's doing all the magic.

Restart your system and check. Let us know the update.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I think you have the autorun virus!! you should use a good antivirus that is of course updated. Try Avast. I use it and it is pretty nice, despite the fact that it is available for free (for home users after registering). It scans your downloads (even torrents), the websites you surf, mail clients, network activity, et al!! So you don't need to worry about malware sneaking up on you!!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    thank you so much..! my seetings are perfect. so i have to use a best antivirus.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS.......THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Life partner is time pass kind movie.Tushar and genliya good but some disappointment with fardin khan.Story about two couple and a lawyer. Rating:2.5/5 music:1/5
can anyone give me the program for linked list with the foll conditions: 1.first node is created 2.we have to ask the user if he wish to add another data...
hi...i want to work on project related to networks and security...can anyone suggest some eye catching topics...i cant think of any...but i was thinking wireless network security which is also...
Hi Friends, I can help you with certificate Study Material and practice/exam questions for Certification. Regards
can anybody please help me in interfacing and coding of embedded ethernet??????