View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12829 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
kavin6
kavin6 • Jan 23, 2009

Help-CRO picks up FM signal without any connection

I am doing a Wireless ECG. I get the ECG signal and I transmit it via FM. Once I input the ecg signal to the FM transmitter input the CRO automatically displays frequencies in MHz range even without any link/connection from the circuit to the CRO. The trace goes away when I remove the ground connection from the Fm transmitter and comes only when I connect the ground clip back to the transmitter ground! I am using a Transcend MP3 player as the FM receiver.
What could be wrong?
nasrin
nasrin • Jan 23, 2009
kavin6
I am doing a Wireless ECG. I get the ECG signal and I transmit it via FM. Once I input the ecg signal to the FM transmitter input the CRO automatically displays frequencies in MHz range even without any link/connection from the circuit to the CRO. The trace goes away when I remove the ground connection from the Fm transmitter and comes only when I connect the ground clip back to the transmitter ground! I am using a Transcend MP3 player as the FM receiver.
What could be wrong?
hai kavin.....grounding is very important in every connection.if not properly grounded some problems may occur.so excess current will flow through the ground and your equipments might not get damaged.
shadeslayer
shadeslayer • Jan 28, 2009
chack ground as well as open wiring ,,,

Share this content on your social channels -