HEAT RECOVERY STEAM GENERATOR

A common application for an HRSG is in a combined-cycle power station, where hot exhaust from a gas turbine is fed to an HRSG to generate steam which in turn drives a steam turbine. This combination produces electricity more efficiently than either the gas turbine or steam turbine alone. Another application for an HRSG is in diesel engine combined cycle power plants, where hot exhaust from a diesel engine, as primary source of energy, is fed to an HRSG to generate steam which in turn drives a steam turbine. The HRSG is also an important component in cogeneration plants. Cogeneration plants typically have a higher overall efficiency in comparison to a combined cycle plant. This is due to the loss of energy associated with the steam turbine. Will the output be constant?

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    How far the loop or the chain of heat recovery steam generator can be used?
    Is cogeneration better than Heat recovery steam generator?
    what can be the application of Heat recovery steam generator in the field of automobile?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The ability of a reciprocating internal combustion engine to empty and fill its cylinder efficiency is fundamental to its successful operation. The intake and the exhaust operation of the engine...
For avoiding rash driving of the drivers we have to provide safety systems with in the vehicles mainly for 4-wheelers. We can make this by using sensors and electronic circuits,...
I have basic doubt in nomenclature we generally use terms nuclear and thermal power separately but according to me the thermal energy of nuclear reaction is used in nuclear power...
I'm seeking suggestions on what are the best ways to send money from India to abroad. While I'd be sending money to France, I want to have suggestions on most...
Samsung Electronics has today launched the much-anticipated and talked-about gadget in the tech town. Called the Samsung Galaxy Round - the company has pioneered the launch of the world's first...